Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Frustration Sign In/Join 
posted
Okay. I have placed 2 pictures on my desktop and attempted to slide them over to this page but it won't let me. I have no other way of getting these pictures over to you that I posted here back in March 2012.
Here is my problem:
I had discussed placing my Tiffany-style lamp over my card table (which would look great and appropriate for the room) BUT it will "compete" with two things.
The room is large (something like 23 feet) and there is a ceiling fan in the middle of the room about 6 feet away from the corner area where the card table is.

There are 4 recessed ceiling lights (two on each side of the room). One of the lights is to the side above the card table approximately 30 inches from the spot where I want to place the hanging lamp over the card table.
I didn't do it because I was worried about how it would look with competition from the ceiling fan and the recessed fixture being so close, but frankly, the more I sit at that table the more I think that lamp would not look so very bad at all in the room.
I am dying to do it -- the table screams for that hanging lamp while we play cards.
But before I make my final gaffe, I guess I want either some kind of horror message or reassurance ("don't do it, you'll be sorry" or "don't sweat it, you can always re-spackle the ceiling if you think it's too crowded there")
Please give me your opinions.
If you can find those two pictures back in March 2012 you can see the room for yourself.
Thanks to you for any help.

Posts: 1594 | Registered: Jun 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MyLifeVacation1
posted Hide Post
I don't know what you mean when you say you are trying to slide your pictures over. If your picture is on the desktop and is 150 kb or smaller, then go to your post and at the bottom it will say "add attachment" Click on it and it will say choose file (no file selected). Click on Choose File, select Desktop, highlight your picture by clicking on it once, then click "choose". On my computer I can just highlight the pic and hit the return button and it is chosen. See what happens. Hope it works. BTW, I think your previous pics were deleted. The oldest post I could locate of your's was dated April 2012.

Posts: 967 | Registered: Oct 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for trying to educate me, My Life. I was afraid that might happen. I have tried everything you said.
Let's just say I am ADD when it comes to this and need someone by my side the first time.
Back to the problem:
I hope someone can assure me (or kick me in the butt) for my decision.

Picture of lady of shallot
posted Hide Post
quote:
don't sweat it, you can always re-spackle the ceiling if you think it's too crowded there")

This would be my attitude.

Posts: 12226 | Registered: Jun 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MyLifeVacation1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arepo:
Thanks for trying to educate me, My Life. I was afraid that might happen.

Sorry if I offended you. Was not my intent. I'll reign in my efforts. Good luck with your decorating dilemma.

Posts: 967 | Registered: Oct 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't know why but I can't post photos anymore. Could in the past, so don't know if something changed on my computer or when the site did some changes/updates. I do feel your frustration.

I usually email to a friend and they post for me.

Strings

Friends divide our sorrows and multiply our joys.

Posts: 6194 | Registered: Sep 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My Life:
Huh? What did I say that made you think you offended me?
There is no way, shape or form that I even entertained an idea like that in my head.
I take full blame though for my post to you.
Clearly it was a miscommunication on my part for which I do apologize.

Picture of Beau's Rose
posted Hide Post
Arepo,

I remember your post but couldn't find it from 2012.

Do you have a file in your computer called Pictures? or Downloads?

If you copy your pic into a Pictures folder, you should be able to post.

Stick with us here and we will help.

What system are you using? computer, ipad, laptop? I don't how to post pics from ipad though.

~Like sands through the hourglass
~So are the days of our lives

Posts: 9352 | Registered: Oct 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Beau, I appreciate your vote of confidence but I think at this point I am going to just go with my gut.
The worst that can happen is that I will hate it and take it down.
I have a feeling it is far away enough from the ceiling fan that it won't compete with it.
Anyway, I hope so.