Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gray Walls Sign In/Join 
posted
trying to post pics of living room in transition to new gray/yellow scheme . Think pics are too high res let's see...

Posts: 1736 | Location: Morristown | Registered: Jun 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow! Sorry friends, didn't think it would come out so huge. Anyway, this is the French sleigh bed we use as a sofa with a French "center" table for the remote and munchies when we're watching TV.The wall color is called Peppercorn. We sold our old black and gold traditional rug and replaced it with the solid gray. The painting of Valentino is from the 1920's and the marble busts are American 1840's. More pics to come as soon as i finish adding the new trim and window treatments.

Posts: 1736 | Location: Morristown | Registered: Jun 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of annie17
posted Hide Post
Pretty room!

Is this any better?

Posts: 7969 | Registered: Jul 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes!! I wasn't sure it would even work because the resolution is high and I had problems attaching in the past.Before I knew it there it was, as big as a billboard. Thanks, Charles

posted Hide Post
Very elegant.

Posts: 487 | Registered: Mar 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Annett
posted Hide Post
Wow! What a beautiful room!

Love the whimsy of the hats. Is that pure white on the trim?

Posts: 1430 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: Nov 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AKsunny99
posted Hide Post
I agree, "Wow", very elegant. Isn't the sleigh bed uncomfortable though for viewing tv? I don't know where your tv is at in the room - are you leaning against the cushions or leaning against the wall to watch?

Posts: 3072 | Location: Anchorage, AK USA | Registered: Feb 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like the larger picture but also the smaller one. Makes it easier to see.

Posts: 1127 | Registered: Jan 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like larger pictures...much easier for me to see. Attractive room.

Posts: 1727 | Registered: Aug 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thats one gorgeous table!! Is that a marble top on table?

Posts: 3054 | Location: Michigan and sw Florida | Registered: May 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beau's Rose
posted Hide Post
Love the paint color and the sleigh bed. Please show us the WT when finished.

Of course those hats are a perfect touch of whimsy too.

~Like sands through the hourglass
~So are the days of our lives

Posts: 9325 | Registered: Oct 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of joyluck
posted Hide Post
Very nice Charles - thanks for showing us!

Is the table lower than regular table height? I use an antique dining table in the center of my LR a la Martha Stewart with books on it or as a desk but think it would be too tall in front of a sofa so wondered if yours is lower. Could you tell me the height of your table and also the height of the sleigh bed?

I wonder if a bolster along the back of the sleigh bed would look OK as it certainly would seem to make it more comfortable for sitting.

Love the whimsy of the hats on the sculptures!

Would you post more pics of the room? I'd love to see more of your house.

Lucky

"I have always had an aversion to the concepts of in style and out of style." ~Rose Tarlow

Inspirational pics: http://inspiration4u.shutterfly.com/

Posts: 12599 | Location: north of 50 in Canada | Registered: Feb 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary Ruth
posted Hide Post
Charles,
I do NOT mind large photos either! Loving that sleigh day bed! How elegant!

That dark grey is really cave-like, which is a GOOD thing when you want a room to relax in and watch TV! I also love that table with the daybed. It is wonderful to see this room developing and being customized! The urn is a nice touch too! Love the FUN with the hats!
Smile

Like button

Posts: 9530 | Location: East Space Coast, Florida zone 9B | Registered: Feb 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you all for the kind words. The table is 27 ins. high but the mattress on the sleigh bed is 24 ins. from the floor so the heights work out. There are two large down filled bolsters and four large down throw pillows so watching TV is a dream. When I post more pics you'll see how it is laid out. The hats are only out at Christmas, he has a sprig of holly in his top hat and she has a nice velvet santa cap.The trim including the fireplace mantle the pedestals and three other pieces of furniture are painted winter white so it's not s ark as it looks.I, converting a vintage cabinet into a built in and I need to finish the trim, so I'll post more pics in a few weeks. Thanks!

posted Hide Post
Reposting for Froo Froo so she can see Peppercorn wall color.

Picture of Froo Froo
posted Hide Post
Charles, thanks so much. I do recall this post but did not notice the chip name. Great minds...Wink

Posts: 18389 | Location: Right here, duh! ;) | Registered: Nov 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Froo Froo
posted Hide Post
BTW, did you find a primer was needed? I ask because the SW people told me it was built into the paint...I think as I purchased several colors for other projects. What color were your walls prior? Mine are a medium blue.

Posts: 18389 | Location: Right here, duh! ;) | Registered: Nov 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post