Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Decorating
Hop To Forums   General Decorating
  Snowman Hat CP from clearance sales
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Snowman Hat CP from clearance sales Sign In/Join 
Picture of Christmas Candy
posted
I have been hitting some of the stores for after Christmas clearance items.

I found the snowman hat basket at Michaels for 70% off. The florals: some were WalMart - 50% off, the red poinsettias and the large swirl and ornie picks were Michaels 80% off, and some of the other evergreen picks also Mich. 80% off.

I am planning a snowman theme for one of my tables next Nov. and this will be the CP.

I don't know what is happening, I copy and paste, but the picture is not showing up??? I have NOT moved or deleted it, but that message is what is happening when it posts.

Are the boards not allowing pastes from that site now??

I have really enjoyed being part of these message boards in the past, but it is becoming so difficult anymore, I am ready to just forget about it!!!
Happy New Year,
Candy

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Christmas Candy,

Posts: 1245 | Location: CO | Registered: Dec 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CatieCupCake
posted Hide Post
Well rats. I was hoping to see it. But I fully understand, EVERYTHING is more difficult, message boards, Face Book, etc. I can't tell you HOW many times I have had to change passwords. They've taken the fun out of it haven't they? Frown

Cathy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Grandchildren are God's gift to you for not killing your own!

We don't stop playing because we grow old...we grow old because we stop playing Smile

Posts: 7638 | Location: Northern California USA | Registered: Oct 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Froo Froo
posted Hide Post
As you can assess from my post count I have hung on through thick and thin. I am by no means a techie, but perhaps the site pic you posted was haulted by that site vs HGTV. In any event changes to forums are often the result of posters abusing them. This was the case of registration requirements here. I hope I don't have to change the spelling of my nick AGAIN. Wink

Post Christmas can truly produce great deco bargains. I accompanied my SIL to Michael's where she finally snagged a great deal on 5' potted trees reg. $109ea. For $30 ea. We almost missed out on this deal as another lady had her eye on them. I bought lovely ribbon for less than $2 per spool retailing for $10 per. The holiday greens were slim pickin's however, but I found two gold glitter picks cheap.

Posts: 18398 | Location: Right here, duh! ;) | Registered: Nov 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Trying again.

Posts: 1245 | Location: CO | Registered: Dec 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Grapefruit
posted Hide Post
That is so adorable!!! You are really planning ahead!!

Posts: 3036 | Location: central PA | Registered: Jan 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Grapefruit,
Yes, I do plan ahead! I am one of the biggest bargain hunters around, LOL.

I buy the items I use for my Hostess gifts to my table guests now as I can find nice items on clearance. It allows me to give nicer gifts at an affordable price.

Also, the CP pieces were very pricey, so it would have been very expensive to make this unless I buy them on sale. Full price would have been $78.91 vs. sale price of $19.01.
The basket alone original price was $19.99, but I paid $5.99!

Also, since I plan my tables ahead of time it allows me to add or make those items that give it a polished finishing touch. I am thinking of making small top hats as the napkin rings for this table.

Also, as I take down my Christmas décor, I replace it with snowman décor, so I will enjoy this floral piece for a bit before I store it.

I am one of those people who constantly need to be working on some kind of project.

TTFN,
Candy

Picture of Froo Froo
posted Hide Post
Adorable certainly sums up this whimsical creation. Great job!

Posts: 18398 | Location: Right here, duh! ;) | Registered: Nov 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CatieCupCake
posted Hide Post
YAY!!!! Definitely WORTH the wait. VERY PRETTY!

Cathy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Grandchildren are God's gift to you for not killing your own!

We don't stop playing because we grow old...we grow old because we stop playing Smile

Posts: 7638 | Location: Northern California USA | Registered: Oct 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beau's Rose
posted Hide Post
Candy,

You sure have a clever and creative way of putting the right mix into your scapes. Frosty would be proud to wear that one!

~Like sands through the hourglass
~So are the days of our lives

Posts: 9331 | Registered: Oct 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post