Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Decorating
Hop To Forums   General Decorating
  Tiered plant stand
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tiered plant stand Sign In/Join 
posted
I was thinking about getting a floor plant stand in the style of the pic to fill in a space beside our kitchen range. We don't have a cabinet there and the area needs something to make it look "finished" I don't really want a plant beside the range. So, my question is what would you put in this stand? Thanks

Posts: 551 | Registered: Jan 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm afraid I'd find myself putting "inappropriate" cooking accessories in the baskets. If I were you, I'd opt for a 12" square butcher block stand. It would be far more useful. On further thought, 12" might not be possible, but 15" stands exist.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sms29s66,

Posts: 3250 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: Jan 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Froo Froo
posted Hide Post
This doesn't sound like an ideal space for produce storage due to the heat, nor a floor standing tiered pot rack due to spatters from cooking. A small standing or rolling butcher block does sound like a practical solution. Just how much space do you have in this area?

Posts: 18455 | Location: Right here, duh! ;) | Registered: Nov 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lady of shallot
posted Hide Post
To add to Froo's observation. I was storing my kitchen folding step ladder between the stove & refrig. and when I noticed one day how greasy the handle of it was I quickly switched to storing it on the other side of the refrig, where there is just enough room for it!

Posts: 12222 | Registered: Jun 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm going to embarrass myself now. I measured all the cabinetry that I have to install and with my appliances, I don't have any room left over. Which is good, now I can move on to fretting over something else.

Posts: 551 | Registered: Jan 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mountainbeach:
now I can move on to fretting over something else.

Smile Yes, there will always be something else to think about until the project is done. That is until you start the next one!

Posts: 490 | Registered: Mar 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of junk collector
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mountainbeach:
I'm going to embarrass myself now. I measured all the cabinetry that I have to install and with my appliances, I don't have any room left over. Which is good, now I can move on to fretting over something else.

Smile Smile Smile

We all tend to do that!

Posts: 3007 | Registered: Aug 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post