Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Decorating
Hop To Forums   General Decorating
  Towel Rack Completed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Towel Rack Completed Sign In/Join 
posted
We finally finished our Guest bath. These are some Pics of the towel over the toilet. I'd like your opinions.thanks

Posts: 64 | Registered: Mar 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
here's another

posted Hide Post
another

Picture of annielinz
posted Hide Post
What a great decorative idea!

I may have to steal it! Smile

Posts: 2804 | Location: Central California Coast | Registered: Mar 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MyLifeVacation1
posted Hide Post
That's the cutest thing I've seen in ages. Bathroom is beautiful. Almost too nice to use!

Posts: 967 | Registered: Oct 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jackierenette
posted Hide Post
WOW a truely wonderful new idea.I like the colors.

Annielinz and MyLife said it best.

You need to post more often.Wink

Posts: 2994 | Location: Liberty, S.C. | Registered: Mar 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of WWanda
posted Hide Post
It's pretty and I love the colors. Although the guests I usually have wouldn't know what to do Smile

Wanda

Posts: 4799 | Registered: Feb 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Grapefruit
posted Hide Post
Very cute idea!!!

Posts: 3038 | Location: central PA | Registered: Jan 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree that I think it's very cute. I've seen people dinged on here before for having guest towels that are "purely decoration" but I am one of those who likes to have decorative towels. Not that they couldn't be used of course, but with the quality of towels these days, they will shrink and fade very quickly, and all that decorative effort would have to be replaced Wink I seldom have guests, so I prefer to have the decorative towels to please my eye when I pass by...when I DO have guests, I set out some more utilitarian towels for their use, and hope they get it!

Posts: 4026 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: Dec 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm bookmarking this to do in my new condo as I don't keep bath towels on big rod until we have overnight guests. For general hand washing purposes I will still place a couple of nice hand towels on the vanity. Nice job!

Posts: 3055 | Location: Michigan and sw Florida | Registered: May 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CaraRose
posted Hide Post
Very cute. Might have to steal this idea!!

Posts: 525 | Registered: Jul 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Froo Froo
posted Hide Post
How clever. Is this idea yours? Your bathroom looks warm, inviting and gender neutral.

Posts: 18428 | Location: Right here, duh! ;) | Registered: Nov 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beau's Rose
posted Hide Post
Cute and clever! Details please...did you make them? Love the colors you used in the bath too.

~Like sands through the hourglass
~So are the days of our lives

Posts: 9342 | Registered: Oct 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary Ruth
posted Hide Post
Fancy, we used to see those displays in model homes in Virginia, very nice way to show 'ready for guests' type of look. An empty towel rod just screams...FILL ME!

Posts: 9533 | Location: East Space Coast, Florida zone 9B | Registered: Feb 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CatieCupCake
posted Hide Post
Very nice! I wish I had an extra bathroom to hang a couple of those in, however, at this time all we have is one Frown

Cathy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Grandchildren are God's gift to you for not killing your own!

We don't stop playing because we grow old...we grow old because we stop playing Smile

Posts: 7638 | Location: Northern California USA | Registered: Oct 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lisa Ann
posted Hide Post
It looks very pretty and I'd like to steal your idea too for my bathrooms. That is just so cute!

I am what I am because He is I AM!!!

Posts: 5705 | Registered: Jun 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by annielinz:
What a great decorative idea!

I may have to steal it! Smile

Thanks. You can steal it. I DID.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MyLifeVacation1:
That's the cutest thing I've seen in ages. Bathroom is beautiful. Almost too nice to use!

Thank you MyLifeVacation1

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jackierenette:
WOW a truely wonderful new idea.I like the colors.

Annielinz and MyLife said it best.

You need to post more often.Wink

Thanks. I really need help in other areas of my home. I can decorate small spaces but horrible with others.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WWanda:
It's pretty and I love the colors. Although the guests I usually have wouldn't know what to do Smile

Thanks Wanda. I hardly have guest. But when I do I'm prepared to put out other towels. lol

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grapefruit:
Very cute idea!!!

Thank You Grapefruit.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nitalynn:
I agree that I think it's very cute. I've seen people dinged on here before for having guest towels that are "purely decoration" but I am one of those who likes to have decorative towels. Not that they couldn't be used of course, but with the quality of towels these days, they will shrink and fade very quickly, and all that decorative effort would have to be replaced Wink I seldom have guests, so I prefer to have the decorative towels to please my eye when I pass by...when I DO have guests, I set out some more utilitarian towels for their use, and hope they get it!

My point exactly. Thanks Nitalynn. I seldom have guest also. I'm sure they will understand. I love decorative towels and I hate them when they get washed.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mamaspoon:
I'm bookmarking this to do in my new condo as I don't keep bath towels on big rod until we have overnight guests. For general hand washing purposes I will still place a couple of nice hand towels on the vanity. Nice job!

Thank you mamaspoon. good luck, i'm sure it will look nice. post pics when you finish.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CaraRose:
Very cute. Might have to steal this idea!!

Thanks. You may steal it. I stole it and wanted to share.lol

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Froo Froo:
How clever. Is this idea yours? Your bathroom looks warm, inviting and gender neutral.

Thanks Froo Froo. Part of it was my idea.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beau's Rose:
Cute and clever! Details please...did you make them? Love the colors you used in the bath too.

Thanks Beau's Rose. Simply choose your colors and find a wide ribbon to tie it all together.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mary Ruth:
Fancy, we used to see those displays in model homes in Virginia, very nice way to show 'ready for guests' type of look. An empty towel rod just screams...FILL ME!

Thank you Mary Ruth. I had a chance to visit one in Texas and it was awesome. So many wonderful ideas. Some I just couldn't pass up.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CatieCupCake:
Very nice! I wish I had an extra bathroom to hang a couple of those in, however, at this time all we have is one Frown

Thanks CupCake. Keep the idea in mind. when the time comes you can use it.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lisa Ann:
It looks very pretty and I'd like to steal your idea too for my bathrooms. That is just so cute!

Thanks Lisa Ann. Steal it and have fun with it.

Picture of Mary Ruth
posted Hide Post
Just saw this on Pinterest and thought of your towel idea!

Source: etsy.com via Jennifer on Pinterest

Posts: 9533 | Location: East Space Coast, Florida zone 9B | Registered: Feb 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow! How cute is that. Do u know what they used to make this? I like this idea. Thanks for sharing.

Picture of Mary Ruth
posted Hide Post
It is just fabric, the roll gives it the shape. IF you click on the photo it will take you to Pinterest where the photo was found. Then click on it again and it takes you to the Etsy shop the photo originated from. Smile

posted Hide Post
Ok thanks.

Picture of sjf
posted Hide Post
what a wonderful way to store towels...used to drive me crazy until we found a 3 basket wrought iron piece at costco...it was supposed to be a freestanding piece in a kitchen for fruit (which my dd does use) but had a space in my bathroom!

my mother used a basket which she hung on the wall by the shower for washcloths...

Posts: 8483 | Location: se mi | Registered: Sep 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post