Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Decorating
Hop To Forums   General Decorating
  Its beginning to look a lot like a Halloween!!!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Its beginning to look a lot like a Halloween!!! Sign In/Join 
Picture of Christmas Candy
posted
I have been busy decorating for Halloween since we got home.

This is the stairway.
I have LOTS of pictures to follow!!

Happy Halloween,
Candy

Posts: 1324 | Location: CO | Registered: Dec 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The top of my glassware cabinet:

Posts: 1324 | Location: CO | Registered: Dec 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ent. center:

Picture of CatieCupCake
posted Hide Post
VERY NICE! Smile

Cathy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Grandchildren are God's gift to you for not killing your own!

We don't stop playing because we grow old...we grow old because we stop playing Smile

Posts: 7666 | Location: Northern California USA | Registered: Oct 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Top of frig:

posted Hide Post
Top of hutch:

posted Hide Post
Hutch shelf

posted Hide Post
More hutch

posted Hide Post
Kit counter

posted Hide Post
Kit. counter left side

posted Hide Post
Kit.table

posted Hide Post
Living room

posted Hide Post
Halloween mantel

posted Hide Post
Halloween piano top

posted Hide Post
Wall display

posted Hide Post
Entertainment center

posted Hide Post
Entry table

posted Hide Post
Front door left

posted Hide Post
Finally, front door right side.

Happy Halloween!

Maybe I should change my name for each season, so now its Halloween Candy, LOL

Picture of CatieCupCake
posted Hide Post
WOW you weren't done!!! LOVE IT ALL! How long did it take you to put it out? How LONG will it take to put it all away?

Why is it it always takes longer to put it away? Frown

Cathy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Grandchildren are God's gift to you for not killing your own!

We don't stop playing because we grow old...we grow old because we stop playing Smile

Posts: 7666 | Location: Northern California USA | Registered: Oct 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great Halloween decorating! Thanks for sharing. You put a lot of work into your displays. Magazine worthy.

Strings

Friends divide our sorrows and multiply our joys.

Posts: 6359 | Registered: Sep 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary Ruth
posted Hide Post
How long did this take you? I am exhausted just thinking of the work involved in taking the things out, putting them around the house, and then taking it all down and storing so they stay in good condition! I mean WOW and Kudos to your ENERGY!

How FUN for you and your family!

Posts: 9812 | Location: East Space Coast, Florida zone 9B | Registered: Feb 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks ladies.
I transition by putting out the fall décor first.
Then for Halloween, out come the witches, Jack O'Lanterns, and other Halloween items.

Nov. 1, they go away and the turkeys and pilgrims come out.

I have a storage room in the basement and also most of the fall/Halloween/Thanksgiving items store under the stairwell as the Christmas items take up most of the storage room, LOL.

I forgot the tea cart on the original post.

Eat, drink, and be scary,
Candy

Picture of Maine Lady
posted Hide Post
Happy Halloween! Your house looks ready and inviting! I admire all of your displays and spent time looking at the details in each one. I especially love the crows in your mantel display. Caw, caw!

Maine Lady

Posts: 5751 | Location: Maine | Registered: Jan 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post