Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Decorating
Hop To Forums   General Decorating
  Same art in two homes?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Same art in two homes? Sign In/Join 
posted
Need opinions here...I have a beautiful piece of art (wooden) on my wall that is 50" square and I love it. I just bought a second home where it would ALSO look amazing. Is it wrong to buy it again for house #2? Can I consider it "my signature piece?" P.S. Extremely heavy so not wanting to move it from where it is.

Posts: 2 | Registered: Oct 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You LOVE it! So why not, sez I?
What's wrong with having the pleasure of looking at something you love wherever you go?
Just do it and don't worry about what's supposedly right and what isn't.

Posts: 1594 | Registered: Jun 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Froo Froo
posted Hide Post
I agree. If you love it, by all means use it in both houses. Your art objects should not only speak to you, but about you. The exception would be if you are inclined to tire readily of your choices in which case, I would recommend you find something similar vs identical.

Posts: 18779 | Location: Right here, duh! ;) | Registered: Nov 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you both!! Good advice!

Posts: 2 | Registered: Oct 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cocok
posted Hide Post
I would do something different in the second home. There are so many infinite varieties of art pieces out there to enjoy. I think it is boring to repeat art, and it is a little bit unimaginative.

Posts: 7275 | Registered: Apr 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I would never own two of exactly the same art. In my opinion it makes the art look like mass produced hotel pictures.

Posts: 1803 | Location: Morristown | Registered: Jun 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would choose something different. No matter how much you love what you have, there are so many other possibilities, why wouldn't you want to see what else you could fall in love with?

Posts: 558 | Registered: Mar 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post