Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Decorating
Hop To Forums   General Decorating
  sneak peek at the new floors :)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

sneak peek at the new floors :) Sign In/Join 
Picture of annielinz
posted
So this weekend we went to the new house and I got to see the new wood floors and the newly painted walls.

The floors look amazing, they used to be a creamy shaggy carpet. The walls are now all painted in swiss coffee, quite the departure from my peanut butter colored walls in the current house. I have to say I'm very happy with the wall color, the wood floors definitely ground the room now and walls make the home feel calm and fresh throughout.
It's hard to tell in the before pictures, but the LR walls were a greenish beige that seemed to change hue as the day wore on.

So here is a before:

Posts: 2804 | Location: Central California Coast | Registered: Mar 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of annielinz
posted Hide Post
and after:

sorry for the bad pictures taken with my phone

Posts: 2804 | Location: Central California Coast | Registered: Mar 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jackierenette
posted Hide Post
WOW, the new wood floors looks wonderful. I likey that fireplace too. Smile

Posts: 2994 | Location: Liberty, S.C. | Registered: Mar 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Always1StepBehind
posted Hide Post
WOW...WOW...WOW!!! Those are beautiful!!

Posts: 9434 | Location: california | Registered: Apr 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary Ruth
posted Hide Post
WOW is right! OH what a LUXURY to not have to do the painting yourself AND be able to walk in and just absorb the NEW house! The floors are GORGEOUS! Can't wait to see MORE!!! Thanks so much for sharing!
LOVE IT! Smile

Mary Ruth
Like stamp sm
*****We don't see things as they are, we see things as WE are! ***** (Anaias Nin)***** http://pinterest.com/mary_ruth/

Posts: 9532 | Location: East Space Coast, Florida zone 9B | Registered: Feb 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CaraRose
posted Hide Post
Oh Annie, you must be thrilled! Love the new flooring and the wall colors too. Great fireplace ya got there.

More pics please!

Posts: 525 | Registered: Jul 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Huge improvement. Smile :two thumbs up:

Posts: 1732 | Registered: Aug 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kw2
posted Hide Post
Beautiful, enjoy your new floor Smile

Posts: 4294 | Registered: Apr 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of annielinz
posted Hide Post
Thank you all for the nice replys.

In all my years (and I am up in years)we've never done this. Usually I do the painting and it takes time...lots of time. In the past we would of lived with the carpet and done the floors down the road. So this is a lovely treat/splurge to get it done before we move in.

Picture of lilsophie
posted Hide Post
LOVE those floors. They are gorgeous. Smile

Posts: 4586 | Location: Southern California | Registered: Oct 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of WWanda
posted Hide Post
They look great! You're so lucky you don't have to do all the work.

Wanda

Posts: 4798 | Registered: Feb 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beau's Rose
posted Hide Post
Annie,

Congrats on the new floors and paint. Now you can enjoy them sooner and not wait. Good luck on your move and all the decorating!

~Like sands through the hourglass
~So are the days of our lives

Posts: 9339 | Registered: Oct 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DonnaDGO
posted Hide Post
Beautiful! I am jealous of those floors!

Posts: 1194 | Location: GA | Registered: Jun 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of out on a limb
posted Hide Post
too much beautiful!

~~~becca~~~~

Posts: 5548 | Location: dayton ohio | Registered: Jul 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post