Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Decorating
Hop To Forums   General Decorating
  Need bedding suggestions!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need bedding suggestions! Sign In/Join 
posted
I finally got my wall decal up and now I'm trying to figure out what bedding to get. I've been looking forever and can't figure out what I want. I need help! Does anyone have any ideas? Any pictures or suggestions? Thanks!

Posts: 436 | Location: Huber Heights,Ohio,USA | Registered: Nov 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Froo Froo
posted Hide Post
the branch decale has a contemporary vibe. In sticking with the nature inspired theme, a bird print such as the one in the following link might be ideal.

http://www.houzz.com/photos/30...hams-modern-bedding-

Posts: 18382 | Location: Right here, duh! ;) | Registered: Nov 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Froo Froo
posted Hide Post
Another nature print that also echoes blue.

http://www.potterybarn.com/pro...m/?cm_src=AutoSchRel

Posts: 18382 | Location: Right here, duh! ;) | Registered: Nov 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sjf
posted Hide Post
http://www.potterybarn.com/pro...e/?cm_src=AutoSchRel

a bit more romantic to off set the branch?

Posts: 8479 | Location: se mi | Registered: Sep 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Keep it simple and mostly unadorned so the decal becomes the focal point. Hotel bedding in grey and white would be elegant.
http://www.decorpad.com/photo....hotoId=87962&index=3

Posts: 487 | Registered: Mar 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Skyler
posted Hide Post
I'm thinking along the same lines as Susan...keep it simple. I think busy bedding will take away from the wall. Personally, I think a solid white comforter/bedspread would be beautiful. I would then add color and texture by adding decorative pillows and a throw.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Skyler,

Posts: 10396 | Location: Southern California | Registered: Jun 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The bedding Susan posted is exactly what I would have suggested. While I am normally not fond of decals, yours is simple and subtle and looks like it could have been hand painted. Heavily patterned bedding will make the room look too cute and precious. Simple bedding is far more classy.

Posts: 783 | Registered: Jul 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow! Looks like we're all on the same page for once.

Posts: 1594 | Registered: Jun 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Susan I love your suggestion! I agree, I've been thinking about keeping it simple and I've been looking for something that would give that simple hotel look, but it's really hard to find even blue accents in the right shade of blue. Everything I find is either aqua blue, or grey blue, never the silverish light blue that my room is. I hadn't thought about grey as an accent and I do like the idea!
I like the look of the fluffy comforter but I prefer lighter bedding, quilts, coverlets etc. best. I was thinking what if I did, white sheets, with a blue blanket (if I can find the right shade!) and a white coverlet folded across the bottom of the bed. Then have blue & white accent pillows?

Has anyone seen anything in the shade of blue that I need? If I can't find it I may go with the all white with grey accents idea!

Posts: 436 | Location: Huber Heights,Ohio,USA | Registered: Nov 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beau's Rose
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LauraJ:

Has anyone seen anything in the shade of blue that I need? If I can't find it I may go with the all white with grey accents idea!

Another vote to go with white for the bedding instead of trying to match the blue wall color.

A few options here. You might even consider using something with a subtle texture in the design.

http://www1.macys.com/shop/bed...id=61017&edge=hybrid

~Like sands through the hourglass
~So are the days of our lives

Posts: 9319 | Registered: Oct 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There is no need to have an exact match to your paint color. Try to find something that blends, be it gray or blue.

Posts: 783 | Registered: Jul 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of zone9alady
posted Hide Post
I like the idea of simple white with blue trim too, but I also think this would be pretty...

Whether You Think You Can Or You Think You Can't..... You're Right - Henry Ford

Posts: 7276 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: Feb 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post