Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Decorating
Hop To Forums   General Decorating
  Bye Bye Princess, Hello Tiffany Bling
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bye Bye Princess, Hello Tiffany Bling Sign In/Join 
Picture of Christmas Candy
posted
My 8 yr old DGD is redoing her room from princess to Tiffany Bling, LOL.

The walls are going to be painted Tiffany Box Blue, bedding/curtains are changing to white, dark turquoise accents are being added to mirror frame and lamp shades.

She also wanted a white arched headboard for her bed.

So.....
I found a headboard at a thrift store for $19.99. I also found some beautiful white upholstery fabric for $4 yd. due to a flaw that I was able to work around.

Here is the headboard B-4:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

And after:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I painted the posts and finials silver, added padding, used buttons to tuft it and then hot glued silver crystals on top of the buttons.
There is also rhinestone trim glued around the center of the finials and down the center of the leg posts.

The room has not been painted yet, nor has the bedding been changed, but she is thrilled with her "new" headboard!

TTFN,
Candy

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Christmas Candy,

Posts: 1302 | Location: CO | Registered: Dec 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lady of shallot
posted Hide Post
Candy that looks adorable and just the thing for an 8 year old uptown girl!

I love the buttons that do the tufting and the pillow is really a cute design!

My much older DGD has always been a "Tiffany" girl. She told her mother once that if you need to go to the bathroom while you are on 5th avenue, Tiffany's is the place to go!

your DGD is lucky to have such an ingenious grandmother!

Posts: 12626 | Registered: Jun 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lilsophie
posted Hide Post
Headboard is super cute. Can't wait to see the room all finshed up..
And what a deal you got on the headboard too...Nice!

Posts: 4707 | Location: Southern California | Registered: Oct 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Perfect for that age. Good job, Candy!

Posts: 1893 | Registered: Aug 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of WWanda
posted Hide Post
That's really cute. You never cease to amaze me CC.

Wanda

Posts: 4864 | Registered: Feb 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aychihuahua
posted Hide Post
What a lucky little girl to have such a doting and super-talented Nana.

Posts: 5291 | Registered: Jul 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary Ruth
posted Hide Post
What a darling bed! Great job! Very creative.

Posts: 9721 | Location: East Space Coast, Florida zone 9B | Registered: Feb 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beau's Rose
posted Hide Post
Candy,

What a fun project for you to make for your GD. Love the extra touches of bling too!

~Like sands through the hourglass
~So are the days of our lives

Posts: 9438 | Registered: Oct 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Christmas Candy
posted Hide Post
Thanks everybody.

My DGD actually got to help with the project.
She spent the night, so that afternoon she cut pieces of wire and threaded them through the buttons. Then she helped me tighten the wire to tuft her headboard. She is only 8, so I was afraid to have her help with the glue gun as I burn my fingers all the time with the hot glue. She did help hold the fabric as I used the staple gun. She also got to decide if she wanted me to cover the posts or have them exposed and use the rhinestone trim.

As you can see from the photo she chose the exposed post.

Thanks again for the nice comments.
Candy

Posts: 1302 | Location: CO | Registered: Dec 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lilsophie
posted Hide Post
Very cute Candy. I bet your granddaughter loved helping. They just love to help at that age. My GD is the same age.

Posts: 4707 | Location: Southern California | Registered: Oct 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What a wonderful project and one that your granddaughter will take great pride in, knowing that she helped create it.

Cyndi

Posts: 4080 | Location: Boothwyn, PA | Registered: Aug 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post