Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pinterest Sign In/Join 
Picture of Hammerhugger
posted
Is it possible to find the original site that a post was made from when using pinterest? So many times I see a furniture redo and would like to know the procedure and it just takes you to another board.

My mind is a garden. My thoughts are the seeds. My harvest will be either flower or weeds.
--Mel Weldon

Posts: 5561 | Location: Arizona, in the valley | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of annie17
posted Hide Post
I have generally been able to find them unless it is listed as "uploaded by user".

Do you have a post/board example?

Posts: 7969 | Registered: Jul 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hammerhugger
posted Hide Post
Annie, a post/board example from Pinterest you mean? I guess I don't quite understand what you mean. I am mainly interested in looking at painted finishes for old furniture and every time I click on one, it brings up another board.

My mind is a garden. My thoughts are the seeds. My harvest will be either flower or weeds.
--Mel Weldon

Posts: 5561 | Location: Arizona, in the valley | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of annie17
posted Hide Post
I was just asking if there was a specific pic from pinterest that you couldn't find the site. I was going to try and find it.

When that happens I usually google a description of the project, example: "diy blue dresser" and I usually can find several pics and one that will lead me to the actual site. A few times I just couldn't locate it but generally it works!!

Posts: 7969 | Registered: Jul 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hammerhugger
posted Hide Post
That is what I have been doing but have not always had good luck. I will keep trying! Thanks Annie!

--Mel Weldon