Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Decorating
Hop To Forums   General Decorating
  Is there a cheaper honeycomb window treatment out there?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is there a cheaper honeycomb window treatment out there? Sign In/Join 
posted
Just moved into my new home and spent a lot for the houe,even more for repairs and appliances,nowI nedwindow coverings for the family room. It has naturaloak trim with a chair rail, a sling glass door, i standrd casement window and a 3 window bay window. I would like to keep the treatments simple to let light in during the day and also coordinated to each other. Just got a quote for Sliding gglass door

1 - Hunter Douglas Duette Architella Vertiglide

$1807.0
Including the bay and regular window, total came to $2900 after 30% discount. I just can't bring myself to pay that. Just retird and thatis too much. Anything else out there? Thanks!

Posts: 499 | Location: Cape Cod  | Registered: Oct 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Grapefruit
posted Hide Post
We have pleated shades in bathrooms and one bedroom. I got them from JCP and found them to be very reasonable. They seem to have a large selection of shades, blinds, etc.

Even with paying a handyman to install them the total cost was a fraction of your quote.

Posts: 3198 | Location: central PA | Registered: Jan 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of conrad
posted Hide Post
I have ordered from the company below, and been very satisfied.

http://www.selectblinds.com/se...discount-blinds.html

If you don't want to install them yourself, they do offer suggestions for pros in your area.

Posts: 9639 | Location: Plains & Mountains | Registered: Jun 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of conrad
posted Hide Post
Oh, and I just noticed you wanted a vertiglide. We have the double cell vertiglide inside mount, on three large picture windows. (just a bit smaller than a sliding glass door, each) Bought them about 20+ years ago, and they still work great. At the time I got them they were close to 1000 dollars for the three, and I installed them myself. They are still simple and timeless as well as insulating, so it was a good investment over any drapery option.

Posts: 9639 | Location: Plains & Mountains | Registered: Jun 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you're a Costco member, go and ask about their special deal with Hunter Douglas. We saved thousands when we bought the Hunter Douglas products thru them.

Posts: 3139 | Location: Michigan and sw Florida | Registered: May 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks all, I am going to check out ach suggstion, including going with the veriglide from Hunter Douglas. Will let you know what I decide. In teh meantime my wire closet unit just collapse.Off to the closet organizers next

Posts: 499 | Location: Cape Cod  | Registered: Oct 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of flboy
posted Hide Post
I just finished putting ours on every window of every size. We ordered them through Country Curtains. Very nice and the chain pull is great. They do have a lot of tiny air holes though and some shades have more than the other. We picked the natural color and they are lovely. Now, what do I do with the crochet shade pulls? LOL!

html

Posts: 2521 | Location: Sarasota | Registered: Jan 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've ordered from Blinds Galore and was very happy with them.
Our front window is 9' wide but is 3 windows. thought they were very reasonable.
Needing more for 2 bedrooms so I'm also looking into get more from them.
I got the cordless. Love them.

Carlene

Posts: 1685 | Location: NE.Ok zone 6b | Registered: Oct 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just installed cell shades purchased special order at Lowes. They had a wide variety of mfg. The clerk that helped me was very good but I suppose that would depend upon the store.

Posts: 7117 | Location: North MN & Northern AR | Registered: Oct 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post