Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Decorating
Hop To Forums   General Decorating
  Tile sample for bathroom. PIC's
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tile sample for bathroom. PIC's Sign In/Join 
Picture of Always1StepBehind
posted
Here are the 2 wood look tile from Home Depot

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Always1StepBehind,

Posts: 9825 | Location: california | Registered: Apr 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought for sure I'd want the dark, but I am torn...I like the orangier one ties in more with my tile...

I am not sure if I will do this same wood look tile in the bedrooms eventually or will redo another wood laminate...which I would try to match up with the bathroom wood tile...It doesn't have to match perfectly if I do go with a wood laminate for the bedrooms because there is a pocket door between the bedroom and masterbedroom.

Posts: 9825 | Location: california | Registered: Apr 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Froo Froo
posted Hide Post
The orangey one does flow better against the adjoining tile floor.

Posts: 18807 | Location: Right here, duh! ;) | Registered: Nov 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of junk collector
posted Hide Post
Ditto what Froo says. Plus you see the wood grain detail on the orangier tile. It's lighter and brighter too. Nice choice.

Posts: 3510 | Registered: Aug 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lilsophie
posted Hide Post
I like the orangey one better too. It matches your tile plus the wood door.
Are you doing all this yourself always? Or is someone helping you. Just curious Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: lilsophie,

Posts: 4830 | Location: Southern California | Registered: Oct 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Linderhof
posted Hide Post
I like the orangy one better too.

Martha

Posts: 6387 | Location: On the prairie of Kansas | Registered: Dec 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lilsophie:
I like the orangey one better too. It matches your tile plus the wood door.
Are you the one doing the remodel? Or is someone helping you. Just curious Smile

One of the maintenance guys at my work does side work. He can do the tile, baseboard and toilet install etc. I will have the paint done by one of my brothers workers. But I don't mind doing the demo work because I don't want to pay someone for something I can do myself.

Picture of lilsophie
posted Hide Post
That's great Always. Wish I knew someone like that, that did side jobs. It's going to look great, can't wait for pics Smile

Posts: 4830 | Location: Southern California | Registered: Oct 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of crayon
posted Hide Post
I like the orangey ones too!

Posts: 3617 | Registered: Mar 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kw2
posted Hide Post
the one on the left looks better with your tile

Posts: 4297 | Registered: Apr 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GreenAlice
posted Hide Post
I agree the orange one DOES look better if matching to tile but that begs to ask what do you have planned for the theming and colors in that space? By itself I like the darker one, but depends on the surrounds of the bathroom to me more than the adjoining room. One thing to consider, I had been looking at those same tiles from another tile store for my entry and noticed the color wasn't too deep into the tile...one little nick and a light color is exposed....I now look for tiles that have color running through them if possible for wear factor....

"Nature does not hurry yet everything is accomplished." - Lao Tau
"There is more to life than increasing it's speed." - Gandhi

<>< Hebrews 13:2

Posts: 7497 | Registered: Feb 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GreenAlice:
I agree the orange one DOES look better if matching to tile but that begs to ask what do you have planned for the theming and colors in that space? By itself I like the darker one, but depends on the surrounds of the bathroom to me more than the adjoining room. One thing to consider, I had been looking at those same tiles from another tile store for my entry and noticed the color wasn't too deep into the tile...one little nick and a light color is exposed....I now look for tiles that have color running through them if possible for wear factor....

I noticed the same thing regarding chips.

Initially I thought for sure I'd want the darker tile and could still go that way. I had white tile that didn't tie in to the terra-cotta tile from the hallway at all and it didn't bother me.

What is funny though, I liked the orangier one better ONLY because it tied into the terra-cotta tile in the hallway and DD says "I like the darker one better"...

I went and took a look at the wood look tile at Lowes but like ones Home Depot carried better. The ones at Lowes have a smoother finish and I didn't really like the colors that well. I like the more rustic look of the tile HD carries.

Picture of GreenAlice
posted Hide Post
I found my tile at last at a place contractors go to for theirs...the wholesaler....not advertised per se...but they let me order, guess contractors save an additional 20% but ooooh the variety, and I liked that they had better stuff and some of it was clearanced out or limited stock to fit my project...I ended up getting 6 X 6 for my entry and it had been 7.19 I got it for .99 sq ft! Smile It had so much rustic variety to it and maybe 6-7 different hues of browns that if chipped and I colored it in with a marker it will not show! That was my thinking anyway....

That is what I like about the darker more rustic...more woody...so if your gut says that is right for THAT space I think you should go for it! Big Grin LOL the fellow before me loved grey and put it in every single permanent surface in all rooms EXCEPT one bathroom that he did lemon yellow...go figure! Roll Eyes

"Nature does not hurry yet everything is accomplished." - Lao Tau
"There is more to life than increasing it's speed." - Gandhi

<>< Hebrews 13:2

Posts: 7497 | Registered: Feb 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post