Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Decorating
Hop To Forums   General Decorating
  Update: OT Shipping and handling charges
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Update: OT Shipping and handling charges Sign In/Join 
posted
Since I posted about this last I had called the phone # listed on her FB business page (thinking this was her business #) and finding out it's a business that she rents a booth from. The employee I spoke with gave me her cell #, which I called. She'd let it go to voice mail and I tried again today and she had her # changed. She closed her Etsy account, blocked me from commenting on her FB page and has refused to respond to my emails. Finally I called my credit card company and disputed it and they credited me the $8.50. The credit card employee basically said that since it's such a small amount they probably won't even mess with investigating it. It was the principle of her doing this to me and I feel like she just walked away w/o any consequences of her wrong doing. She's got the nerve to say "Bl*ssings" when she comments on her FB page. Her name is Dawn Bartlett, she lives in Kannapolis, NC and this is her info:
The Depot at Gill Mill
http://depotgibsonmill.com/ (#205, section A-14 Main building)
325 McGill Avenue Northwest #250
Concord, NC 28027
Her FB business page is: shabbychatue
I would not recommend anyone doing business with her.

Posts: 561 | Registered: Jan 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary Ruth
posted Hide Post
Glad you got your shipping $ back! Now you can let it go and move on!

Her business won't last IF she keeps up this type of behavior!

Posts: 9726 | Location: East Space Coast, Florida zone 9B | Registered: Feb 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good job, mountainbeach!

Posts: 3413 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: Jan 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of annie17
posted Hide Post
quote:
Her business won't last IF she keeps up this type of behavior!

I totally agree! Apparently she is too important to deal with customers. I've saved her address to make sure I never buy anything from her.

Posts: 7985 | Registered: Jul 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of junk collector
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mountainbeach:
She'd let it go to voice mail and I tried again today and she had her # changed. She closed her Etsy account, blocked me from commenting on her FB page and has refused to respond to my emails.

I'd be willing to bet you the 8.50 that she's been doing this to others as I can't imagine that she would go through the hassle of changing ALL of this over such a small amount.

good for you for sticking to it.

Posts: 3273 | Registered: Aug 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This reminds me of why I came to a parting of the ways with Spiegel. I had a Spiegel card for a short period of time which I only applied for to get a discount on a dress I bought for my daughter. All of a sudden I got a bill from the bank that issued the card showing a charge for some garden magazine I'd never heard of. It wasn't much, maybe $20 or so, but since it was the only charge on the bill, I noticed it. Come to find out some enterprising con man outfit doing business as a magazine was sending out mail telling you that your card with this bank would be charged unless you specifically turned down their "offer" by mail. Of course, I'd thrown the mail out with the rest of the junk mail. It took me a good three months of assuring the bank that I would NEVER pay or EVER do business with any company associated with that card to get this charge removed. I guess they just trusted that these charges would go unnoticed buried deep in with the rest of the charges on people's cards.

Something else, have any of you received unsolicited merchandise in the mail, then been billed for it? A few years ago on separate occasions I got two very nice cookbooks from different magazines that I had never asked for. Then, of course, I was billed for them. I contacted the companies and told them that I had not ordered the cookbooks and had no intention of paying for them. They were very nice and told me just to return the cookbooks. I thought about it for awhile and then thanked them for the very nice gifts, but no way was I going to pay to send them back or even exert myself to go to the mailbox if they sent me prepaid boxes to put them in.

Posts: 3413 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: Jan 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Froo Froo
posted Hide Post
Glad it was resolved tho not as it should have been. I hope your warning gives perspective buyers pause.

Posts: 18691 | Location: Right here, duh! ;) | Registered: Nov 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post