Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Decorating blogs Sign In/Join 
Picture of SoonerDee
posted
Since my hard drive crashed I lost a lot of my favs. Whenever you have a minute would you mind posting some of your favorites? I miss all the wonderful blogs/sites I had saved. Frown We learn the hard way sometimes don't we. Thanks for your help.

Posts: 98 | Location: Norman, OK | Registered: Sep 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3277 | Registered: Jul 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3277 | Registered: Jul 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SoonerDee
posted Hide Post
You guys are awesome! Thanks so much. Okay, I feel better now. Smile

Posts: 98 | Location: Norman, OK | Registered: Sep 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Indexlady
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4404 | Location: In the beautiful Tennessee Valley, between the Cumberland Plateau and the Great Smoky Mountains. | Registered: Jul 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of joyluck
posted Hide Post
I had that happen also and it takes awhile to find links one had.

Here are a couple of sites that have many of my favs:

Top 20 Blogs On Home Decor & Renovating Ideas

Material Girls blogroll - also check out Material Girls blog.

Especially if you like French, Romantic, or Elegant Cottage decor.

This blog is more about gardening and travel than decor altho there are a few pics of her home as well.

All about color.

Some blogs from Europe:

Belgian Pearls

My French Country Home

The Essence of the Good Life

Lucky

"I have always had an aversion to the concepts of in style and out of style." ~Rose Tarlow

Inspirational pics: http://inspiration4u.shutterfly.com/

Posts: 12587 | Location: north of 50 in Canada | Registered: Feb 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of annie17
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7968 | Registered: Jul 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kw2
posted Hide Post
how fun, new stuff to read about Smile

Posts: 4293 | Registered: Apr 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aychihuahua
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5163 | Registered: Jul 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lisa Ann
posted Hide Post
SoonerDee thank you for posting this. I was just about to ask the same thing. My computer crashed just before our move and I lost all my favorites. I got a bad virus that wiped out everything when I was googling natural hardwood floor cleaner (DON'T DO THAT BTW...WARNING). I haven't had this computer long and I was lax about getting an antivirus for it. Stupid me. Thankfully my son has a very smart friend who fixed it and saved my pictures at least but I lost about everything else. I want to find my favorite decorating and cooking blogs again. Hope some others will help us both out. I've also lost my copy of links to everyone's beautiful homes here...hint if anyone can help me out. Wink

I am what I am because He is I AM!!!

Posts: 5703 | Registered: Jun 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of annie17
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7968 | Registered: Jul 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of joyluck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lisa Ann: I've also lost my copy of links to everyone's beautiful homes here...hint if anyone can help me out. Wink

Is it the Our Homes thread you are missing? I just bumped it up again.

Lucky

"I have always had an aversion to the concepts of in style and out of style." ~Rose Tarlow

Inspirational pics: http://inspiration4u.shutterfly.com/

Posts: 12587 | Location: north of 50 in Canada | Registered: Feb 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SoonerDee
posted Hide Post
Awesome! These are new to me. I can't wait to check them out. Thanks so much for taking the time to reply.

Picture of SoonerDee
posted Hide Post
If you don't get a response in a few days check back with me because I have received quite a few and am bookmarking them. I will be happy to share. Many are new to me. I have a feeling you'll get a response as well. The folks on this site are very generous and kind.

Picture of SoonerDee
posted Hide Post
Thank you so much! I appreciate your generosity. Can't wait to check these out.

Picture of SoonerDee
posted Hide Post
Oh my...more wonderful sites. I am overwhelmed by everyone's generosity. I'll be up all night. Thanks so much.

Picture of SoonerDee
posted Hide Post
Thank you so much for taking time to send these. I can't wait to check them out. Everyone's been so generous.

Picture of SoonerDee
posted Hide Post
Thanks so much. This is a new one to me.

posted Hide Post
I too had this happen to me recently and am still in the process of slowly rebuilding my favorite blog list ... I am lovin' hearing about everyone's favorite blogs tho because now I have new ones to check out! Yay!

Posts: 70 | Registered: Jan 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lady of shallot
posted Hide Post
I don't follow blogs much but this woman is very clever, not only in decorating but in crafting things:

http://www.brooklynlimestone.com/

My sympathies on the crashed computer. We had that happen once and lost all photos.

Posts: 12138 | Registered: Jun 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lisa Ann
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone and thank you joyluck. That is what I was looking for. Bless you!! Wink

I am what I am because He is I AM!!!

Posts: 5703 | Registered: Jun 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SoonerDee
posted Hide Post
Thanks so much for the site. Luckily most of my pics were on CDs and some still in my camera. That was a blessing.

Picture of SoonerDee
posted Hide Post
I know! Isn't it fun?

Picture of SoonerDee
posted Hide Post
Thanks so much for sharing your list. Everyone's been so generous.

Picture of aychihuahua
posted Hide Post
SoonerDee, I notice you are from Norman.

Are you OK after those terrible tornadoes? My DH's nephew and family live near the university and it was pretty hairy for them, as they had to seek shelter underground. No damage to their house, and thankfully, no injuries.

Posts: 5163 | Registered: Jul 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SoonerDee
posted Hide Post
Oh I'm so glad to know they were safe. I live about a half mile east of the University but I didn't suffer any damage. It was a scary night for sure. I hope we've had our share for awhile at least. Thanks for your concern.

posted Hide Post
If you like country decor then you know all about where to find the best primitive decor online. Or so you thought. country decor can be hard to find. Even better country decor at a good price. I however have a solution for you. The best new place to find country decor. Visit www.theprimitivecottage.com there is everything you can imagine. Register on their website and get 10% off!

Posts: 4 | Registered: Apr 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This thread is a year old! Nice try but your blatant disregard for the house rules means you will get zero business from the people on this board. What part of NO ADVERTISING do you not understand?

Posts: 783 | Registered: Jul 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LibraDesignEye
posted Hide Post
They are silly, but they made me come and read this and sure enough, just changed computers and need to set up again. Did i miss younghouselove.com above - a favorite.

Posts: 2032 | Registered: Apr 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post