Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Decorating
Hop To Forums   General Decorating
  Has anyone ever ordered from Wayfair?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Has anyone ever ordered from Wayfair? Sign In/Join 
Picture of just josie
posted
I am beginning a fairly significant redecorating project in my master bedroom and am looking for a headboard....white and padded.

An ad popped up for Wayfair and I remember seeing something once online about them. I was on their website and the prices seem frighteningly low....so maybe just a little worried what kind of quality I'd be getting. It even has free shipping. To good to be true?

thanks! Josie

Posts: 1731 | Registered: Apr 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Linderhof
posted Hide Post
I just ordered a house plaque from them. Said two to three weeks for delivery . . . we'll see! It's on my Amex so if it doesn't work out, I've just lost a little time and will lose no money!

Martha

Posts: 6348 | Location: On the prairie of Kansas | Registered: Dec 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beau's Rose
posted Hide Post
Google them and reviews. I almost ordered from them recently for some metal pegboard but found that the original vendor had a site to order from directly. So the middleman was by-passed.

Could be you are right about too good to be true.

Good luck!

~Like sands through the hourglass
~So are the days of our lives

Posts: 9512 | Registered: Oct 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you're looking for a white padded headboard, try Target. They carry Skyline which I believe is one of the brands Wayfair carries. If you get on Skyline's website http://skylinefurnituremfg.com/ I believe you can order small fabric samples from them. The nice thing about Target is they're local and if you have a problem, you can return it.

Posts: 558 | Registered: Mar 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Christmas Candy
posted Hide Post
Ironic that you are looking for a white padded headboard and I just posted the one I created for my DGD for less than $40 for a queen sized headboard.
It is under my post "Bye Bye Princess, Hello Tiffany Bling."

How handy are you? You might be able to create your own.
Just a thought.

Candy

Posts: 1330 | Location: CO | Registered: Dec 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of busyjo
posted Hide Post
Yes, I have ordered twice. Each time the initial delivery date was pushed up a few days, but the items arrived in a reasonable amount to time, well packaged and flawless.

Posts: 1639 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: Apr 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Linderhof
posted Hide Post
Busyjo -- that's good to know!

Martha

Posts: 6348 | Location: On the prairie of Kansas | Registered: Dec 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just josie
posted Hide Post
thanks everyone!

I once ordered a small end table from Target.com and it arrived damaged. Target did a great job issuing an immediate refund. I will check them out.

My daughter suggested we make one....I'm not so sure about THAT, LOL :O

Posts: 1731 | Registered: Apr 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have ordered a couple of things from Wayfair. Just a couple of months ago I ordered two mirrors for my master bathroom. They arrived quickly and were very well packaged.

Posts: 454 | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post