Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Decorating
Hop To Forums   General Decorating
  temporary styling
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

temporary styling Sign In/Join 
Picture of lady of shallot
posted
I just did this for the heck of it a week or so ago. The lamp shade I decoupaged a couple of months ago. It has camels on one side, elephants on a second, tiger on the third (I forget what is on the fourth but another cat, I think!)

The two standing animals I got from swap shop. Dh really likes the camel so I hot glued him down as he would not stand otherwise. Couldn
't keep it like this as we need space for cups etc.

The striped book (I married Adventure) I see in many, many magazine stylings.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: lady of shallot,

Posts: 12511 | Registered: Jun 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary Ruth
posted Hide Post
los,
I am LOVING this vignette! Such a great conversation starter and just FUN to view!
Thanks for sharing!!! I can see why your DH loves the camel! Smile

Posts: 9703 | Location: East Space Coast, Florida zone 9B | Registered: Feb 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like it! Sorry that you can't leave it up

Strings

Friends divide our sorrows and multiply our joys.

Posts: 6259 | Registered: Sep 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Georgia Peach
posted Hide Post
LOS, you are so creative !! It's a shame you don't have the space for the vignette and your cups.

Posts: 2202 | Location: Zone 8b | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of joyluck
posted Hide Post
Very nice, however if you just find another place for the giraffe there might be enough space to leave the other items there and also have space for cups, etc.

Love that striped book!

Lucky

"I have always had an aversion to the concepts of in style and out of style." ~Rose Tarlow

Inspirational pics: http://inspiration4u.shutterfly.com/

Posts: 12714 | Location: north of 50 in Canada zone3b | Registered: Feb 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have some animals like that....won't stand up. I got some clay like stuff that is used behind wall pictures to keep them straight, and used it on the feet of the animals. I used a strip of wood or small tile for under the animals feet (with the stick-up on the legs). That way, the wood or small tile can be moved and the animal will still stand up. I am sure I am not explaining this well, but works for me.

love life

Posts: 1494 | Location: omaha, ne U.S.A. | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Linderhof
posted Hide Post
LOS -- did you know that Osa Johnson was from the twon 30 miles west of here -- there is a museum there as well. So I think of her as a "local" girl.

Martha

Posts: 5799 | Location: On the prairie of Kansas | Registered: Dec 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Linderhof
posted Hide Post
I meant to add but hit post reply too soon --

That is a great vignette!

Martha

Posts: 5799 | Location: On the prairie of Kansas | Registered: Dec 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
LOS -- did you know that Osa Johnson was from the twon 30 miles west of here -- there is a museum there as well. So I think of her as a "local" girl.

We had discussed that before Martha and someday I am going to do more than look at the pics in her book! She must have had a fascinating life.

Picture of Linderhof
posted Hide Post
LOS -- That she did.

And yes, you have a better memory than I -- perhaps when you got the book? I know I commented to someone about it -- if it was you I had forgotten.

Martha

posted Hide Post
I do have a good memory and often think about folks on these forums and wonder about certain issues in their lives, like how did Always solve the bedroom situation, that she shares with her DD? Or about Maine Lady's DD's wedding etc.

The book we have had for many years. Think DH bought it or acquired it. You did comment when I posted a pic of it before as it really does appear often in decorating magazines.

So how is Lucy doing?

Picture of Linderhof
posted Hide Post
Lucy is doing well, thank you. She will be 3 months old next week.

Her mother goes back to work Monday.

Martha

posted Hide Post
I love that, too, Emily, and agree that maybe if you moved the giraffe you could still have room for a cup...as to your wonderings about other members, I do that too sometimes. Always is moving on to her bathroom; she probably showed us what she ended up doing in the bedroom, but I missed it and I guess you did too. Maine Lady just posted a little bit about her DD's wedding on this week's MMFs...

Posts: 4076 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: Dec 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of busyjo
posted Hide Post
Your artistic talent just pops out of most everything you touch. I bet I would love visiting with you. That vingette is a creation after my own heart. Love jungle animals.

Posts: 1632 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: Apr 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of crayon
posted Hide Post
LOS, that is so cool! I love it! It's so different.

Posts: 3617 | Registered: Mar 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks ladies! the camel is hot glued to the table which is usually a mess of books and dvds!

When I first posted this I said I couldn't remember what the fourth image was! Duh! it was the reason I did this lampshade. It is the pic of the two cheetahs. I love that image! They appear to be looking up from play, like two kids or house cats!