Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Decorating
Hop To Forums   General Decorating
  Speaking of burlap####
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Speaking of burlap#### Sign In/Join 
Picture of Froo Froo
posted

Posts: 18482 | Location: Right here, duh! ;) | Registered: Nov 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Froo Froo
posted Hide Post

Posts: 18482 | Location: Right here, duh! ;) | Registered: Nov 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Froo Froo
posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
I love that burlap wall. My living room paint color is called burlap, but it is a dark neutral with green undertones. That wall covering looks like linen in the pic. Love it!!!

Posts: 3256 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: Jan 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Froo Froo
posted Hide Post

Picture of Froo Froo
posted Hide Post
SMS, I like the wall application too.

Picture of Froo Froo
posted Hide Post
Convincing, but soft and easy care faux burlap tablecloths (a Froo find):

http://www.burlap-tablecloth.c...designer-havana.html

Picture of Froo Froo
posted Hide Post
Headboard, but also a DIY project if so inclined. Burlap can be found in 60" wide widths.

http://www.target.com/p/burlap...l-queen/-/A-14154808

Picture of sjf
posted Hide Post
what's old is new again? didn't we do burlap in the early 70's?? this version is a LOT better!

Posts: 8489 | Location: se mi | Registered: Sep 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Froo Froo
posted Hide Post
Sjf, seems burlap has been elevated to the latest bridal decoration fabric. At least my research suggests it is gaining in popularity for these events.

Picture of Froo Froo
posted Hide Post

Picture of lady of shallot
posted Hide Post
back in the 1940's my mother made slip covers for our maple furniture (wooden arms and frame and cushions)from burlap and I remember a woman visiting and looking at these and saying in effect, "you've got to be kidding" Although I was only 8 or 9, I was angry at the insult to my mother, who later told me that was silk burlap.

Posts: 12242 | Registered: Jun 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post