Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Decorating
Hop To Forums   General Decorating
  Looking for tile that looks like marble
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for tile that looks like marble Sign In/Join 
posted
I want to put carrerra marble hexagon tile in my bathroom, but like the kitchen countertops I wanted, I hear stories about it in a bathroom as well. Ugh, is anything I want for this new house easy?! I hear porcelain is nice and can give you a similar look, but I cannot seem to find it in hexagon online. Has anyone seen it? Thank you

Posts: 476 | Registered: Jun 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have 2" square carrera marble tile on the floor in my master bathroom as well as marble baseboard and haven't had any problem with it.

Posts: 120 | Registered: Apr 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks pk. How about the shower floor and walls? That's my main concern.

Posts: 476 | Registered: Jun 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Froo Froo
posted Hide Post
Keep searching...porcelain hex that in faux marble exists. I came across it in my search for bath tiles, but found a better mock marble tile that I opted for in 2" squares. Sorry I don't recall the brand that came in 2" hex tho. BTW, the brand I used was cheaper too.

Posts: 18698 | Location: Right here, duh! ;) | Registered: Nov 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My shower is swanstone. My daughter has a faux marble porcelain tile surrounding her tub but it is a rectangular tile (approx. 13"x5")that we bought at Home Depot-very nice looking. They had a selection of this tile in various sizes but don't remember any hexagon.

Posts: 120 | Registered: Apr 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
chloe, have you checked Home Depot online? They show several hexagonal tiles which are not marble. I don't know how close they come to your vision for your bathroom, but you might want to google it.

Posts: 3459 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: Jan 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Froo Froo
posted Hide Post
I believe the tile place where I found the marble look hex tile your searching for was Avalon tile. As I stated I forgot the brand tho. Anyway, check out their web site to see if a store is in your area. I had no luck finding it on their site. Btw, I was searching for this particular tile in about five or six places locally including Lowes and Avalon was the only one that offered it.

Posts: 18698 | Location: Right here, duh! ;) | Registered: Nov 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post