Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Decorating
Hop To Forums   General Decorating
  OT - priceless present
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

OT - priceless present Sign In/Join 
posted
The most unexpected present I (we) got - my 91-year-old mom recorded a 15 minute recitation of her childhood memories, capped off with singing a rendition of a Christmas song her mother used to sing to her, and had CDs made for her children and grandchildren...pretty priceless...

Posts: 4168 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: Dec 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, that's an amazing gift- your family will treasure that for many years to come!!

Posts: 3163 | Location: Michigan and sw Florida | Registered: May 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What a wonderful gift and better than anything money could buy

Posts: 1144 | Registered: Jan 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Linderhof
posted Hide Post
That is a perfect present!

And it is priceless!

Martha

Posts: 6350 | Location: On the prairie of Kansas | Registered: Dec 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of busyjo
posted Hide Post
Perfect gift. I have a similar recording done by my father's aunt when she was 93. As we treasure ours, you too will treasure yours I am sure.

Posts: 1640 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: Apr 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary Ruth
posted Hide Post
Amazing! Smile What a treasure!

Posts: 9816 | Location: East Space Coast, Florida zone 9B | Registered: Feb 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of paintlady
posted Hide Post
That is a very meaningful gift. The very best kind!!

Posts: 9012 | Registered: Jul 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Christmas Candy
posted Hide Post
As had been said already...priceless!!

Better than anything that money could buy.
I'm sure it will be treasured for many years.

Happy New Year,
Candy

Posts: 1330 | Location: CO | Registered: Dec 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Maine Lady
posted Hide Post
Sweet. Sentimental and yes, priceless!

Maine Lady

Posts: 5752 | Location: Maine | Registered: Jan 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beau's Rose
posted Hide Post
What a nice gift for you and your family. Enjoy the memories and the special song from your DM.

~Like sands through the hourglass
~So are the days of our lives

Posts: 9512 | Registered: Oct 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post