Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Decorating
Hop To Forums   General Decorating
  Has anyone ordered from Home Decorators?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Has anyone ordered from Home Decorators? Sign In/Join 
posted
Most of the time I order things for clients from my wholesale sources but one of them has found a rug that I cannot seem to locate elsewhere. It is not my intention to dissuade her from buying it as it has the perfect colours for her bedroom. The rug itself gets fairly good reviews, I just don't know anything about the company.

Posts: 562 | Registered: Mar 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Grapefruit
posted Hide Post
I have ordered many things from them. I purchased only furniture. I had no issues with it.

Isn't this company owned by Home Depot? Their furniture must be assembled but it looks very attractive. It is surely not heirloom quality, but it is very usable. I like it because I could order it for my DD's and have it sent directly to their apartments/homes. It filled a need inexpensively.

Posts: 3275 | Location: central PA | Registered: Jan 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Froo Froo
posted Hide Post
I don't know if this is the same company, but if so, the reviews are not promising.

http://www.epinions.com/pr-Onl...tors_Collection?sb=1

Posts: 18796 | Location: Right here, duh! ;) | Registered: Nov 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aychihuahua
posted Hide Post
Very mixed results over the years. Customer service needs lots of improvement.

Have you heard of Joss & Main? They have a wonderful selection of home furnishings and rugs, all competitively priced. My first experience with them this year was excellent. I'll order from them again. https://www.jossandmain.com/we...fPkboCFUVk7AodvBIA4A

Posts: 5373 | Registered: Jul 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kw2
posted Hide Post
I get their catalog but have not ordered from them. I have ordered from overstock. Have you tried their site?

Posts: 4297 | Registered: Apr 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you everyone. I have ordered from Joss and Main before, but never Home Decorators. Since I have wholesale sources, I rarely buy from other places. There are a few exceptions and I have been very fortunate with those. The client found this rug and it is lovely, so I'm hoping it will live up to it's reviews. I suggested she order a 2x3 to see the colours and if it works, she can confidently order the 9x12. The shipping to return a smaller rug is so much less expensive in the event it doesn't look the way we hope it does.

Again, thank you everyone who replied.

posted Hide Post
They are owned by Home Depot. A friend swears by them. A lot of their rugs are from Safavieh, hand tufted (not hand knotted) made in India with a sprayed rubber backing that smells funny! But they have several resources so I would think the quality varies. The one rug I bought at Home Goods from Safavieh went totally bald all the through to the backing where my coffee table legs were, so buyer beware.

Posts: 1806 | Location: Morristown | Registered: Jun 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the information Charles. I know these discount websites often have lesser quality merchandise. That is why I would rather deal with companies I have done business with for years. I have already cautioned her that she may be disappointed. With luck we can find something in a local showroom that she likes.

posted Hide Post
Joss and main may have good things but I will never know. They require you to register before you can even look at anything. That may be good for the business but it is not for the consumer.

Posts: 7310 | Location: North MN & Northern AR | Registered: Oct 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post