Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Update.....Moved Sign In/Join 
Picture of KimMaple
posted
Well after 6 LONG months the divorce was final Nov 27. Kids & I finally moved 2 weeks ago, renting for the moment but not sure what's gonna happen, this house is tied up in a divorce plus still for sale & I will find out Jan 7th if we can still live here or get court ordered out. Landlords ex didn't get her way n court so she now doesnt wanna rent so it's up to the judge. So anyway I take day by day but kids & I are doing good, dealing with it all the best we can since it's all new but kids love it here closer to friends Smile

Posts: 4293 | Location: IL | Registered: Sep 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Michelle_
posted Hide Post
Hello Kim.

Sorry you just settled & are unsure if you will be able to stay. I hope you can. That's just too much.

A new year is right around the corner and I wish you and your kids a healthy and happy year! Best of luck to you.

Michelle

Posts: 511 | Location: NE PA | Registered: Jul 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CatieCupCake
posted Hide Post
Hope the Judge takes mercy on you and lets you stay for a given amount of time. Guess you won't have to worry about what to do with the extra room if you are forced to move.

Wishing you the best Kim. Smile

Cathy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Grandchildren are God's gift to you for not killing your own!

We don't stop playing because we grow old...we grow old because we stop playing Smile

Posts: 7662 | Location: Northern California USA | Registered: Oct 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lilsophie
posted Hide Post
Good to hear from you Kim. I have wondered about you. Thanks for updating us. Please keep in touch.

Posts: 4694 | Location: Southern California | Registered: Oct 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sonny Dayz
posted Hide Post
Wishing you and your children all the Best..

so often when one door closes and much better one opens.. Keep watching for it.

to see my projects view my Blog.
http://155dreamlane.blogspot.com/

Posts: 9984 | Location: NC ~zone 7B | Registered: Jun 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wishing you and your children the best for the upcoming year. All of you deserve it.

Thanks for the update. Hope you can stay.

Strings

Friends divide our sorrows and multiply our joys.

Posts: 6262 | Registered: Sep 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Skyler
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry you and the kids have to deal with this but I wish you all the best. Thanks for checking in. You have a lot of friends here and we think about you often.

Posts: 10481 | Location: Southern California | Registered: Jun 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Please re-read what Skyler wrote. It expresses MY EXACT thoughts when I read your message.
Life is never easy under the very best circumstances. It seems from your description that you are over the hardest part now and on the downward slope. I'm sure there will be more bumps in the road but you're on the other side of the mountain - at least for now.

Be strong. Have Fa ith. Everything will be fine in the long run and future happy days are guaranteed.

Posts: 1136 | Registered: Jan 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of paintlady
posted Hide Post
Wishing you and your children all the best Kim. Please take care of yourself. The caring members of this board have given you some wonderful thoughts. May you be blessed.

Posts: 9010 | Registered: Jul 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KimMaple
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone. I know it will get easier & there's a house out there we are suppose to live in & when time is right we will find it. Just take day by day.

Posts: 4293 | Location: IL | Registered: Sep 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CatieCupCake
posted Hide Post
Stay focused Kim you are right, there is a house out there for you and a WONDERFUL future too! Smile

Cathy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Grandchildren are God's gift to you for not killing your own!

We don't stop playing because we grow old...we grow old because we stop playing Smile

Posts: 7662 | Location: Northern California USA | Registered: Oct 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary Ruth
posted Hide Post
Kim,
Your wonderful strength and attitude and love of your children will guide you to your long-time home. As Cathy said 'stay focused' on your family and somehow things will come together!
The hardest part of your battle is behind you, and you are on your own now, what a blessing it must be to have peace in that area... at last.

Posts: 9705 | Location: East Space Coast, Florida zone 9B | Registered: Feb 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And Kim honey, you haven't been thru anything different than generations of women have experienced probably since time began. Take comfort in the fact that They survived and even thrived. You will too.

Posts: 1136 | Registered: Jan 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Maine Lady
posted Hide Post
Even though times may be challenging and some things remain uncertain, remind yourself that you are strong. Your strength and a positive attitude will carry you far! I am wishing you multiple Ble s s ings and happiness in 2014.

Maine Lady

Posts: 5731 | Location: Maine | Registered: Jan 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KimMaple
posted Hide Post
Thanks so much everyone.

Picture of CJO
posted Hide Post
My heart goes out to you...it will be better; hang in there Hugsssssssss!

Posts: 2863 | Registered: Oct 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of patty louise
posted Hide Post
OMGosh so sorry to hear that you have been going through so much. You hang in there & continue to be strong!

((Hugs))

Posts: 10422 | Location: Mechanicsville Virginia | Registered: Jan 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lady of shallot
posted Hide Post
quote:
you haven't been thru anything different than generations of women have experienced probably since time began.

Although each case varies some and each heartache is felt separately, the above is so true! In doing genealogy I came across the birth of a child who was born while its father was married to his first wife who died a year later when the man married the child's mother!

I too join my good wishes to those of others, Kim. It is especially hard when the weather is so grim to have the added stress of emotional upset as well as the basic insecurity of uncertain housing. Being strong for your children is a powerful incentive to moving you all forward. Lets all hope that in a year your situation will be much brighter.

Posts: 12519 | Registered: Jun 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KimMaple
posted Hide Post
Thanks so much. Still renting the same house but take day by day. House will be going up for piblic auction n couple months but landlord is planning to buy it so I hope he does, then we can continue to live here til I get exes 401K then I plan on buying. Rent here is high ugh. Kids are doing good, love being close to their friends Smile They are at their dad's this weekend so I'm gonna try to keep busy, it's still hard when they leave. Found out yesterday that my daughter who is 13 is allergic to latex now ugh. Always something lol.

Picture of Mary Ruth
posted Hide Post
Kim good to hear from you.

http://blog.onespotallergy.com...d-products-to-avoid/

there are also some foods that are cross reactive... on that site it lists some.

Take care, and again good to hear from you! Glad things are moving along for you!

Posts: 9705 | Location: East Space Coast, Florida zone 9B | Registered: Feb 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of annie17
posted Hide Post
Kim,

I know what a difficult time this is for you and your kiddos. Things will get easier and soon you will be happily settled into your life. Good things are ahead! Smile

Posts: 7980 | Registered: Jul 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CJO
posted Hide Post
Hugs to you Kim...I hope 2014 will be a year of good things and good progress for you...hang in there!

Posts: 2863 | Registered: Oct 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post