Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Decorating
Hop To Forums   General Decorating
  Spring ~ Things are getting Green
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Spring ~ Things are getting Green Sign In/Join 
Picture of Sonny Dayz
posted
No matter how many spring seasons I experience in this lifetime, they will never cease to amaze me.

things went from dull and bare to green and lush . I havent planted any flowers yet but I just wanted to share how green things are getting off my back patio.

Happy Sunday

Posts: 9975 | Location: NC ~zone 7B | Registered: Jun 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Georgia Peach
posted Hide Post
I agree Sonny. Mother Nature is the best decorator. Have a blessed Sunday.

Posts: 2136 | Location: Zone 8b | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Skyler
posted Hide Post
So pretty Sonny....and neat. I wish I could get you to CA to help me work on my yard Smile

Thanks for sharing and really good to "see" you here.

Posts: 10403 | Location: Southern California | Registered: Jun 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jackierenette
posted Hide Post
Sonny,welcome back!!! Smile We have missed you. I hope you are doing good.
Oh so pretty in this bed, even now with out the pops of color. I can see your vision now for this area. I'm getting inspiration from your picture.Funny thing lately I had thought of you & your back yard.I remember you reworking it last year.

Posts: 2994 | Location: Liberty, S.C. | Registered: Mar 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sonny Dayz
posted Hide Post
thanks so much GP. Skyler and Jackie.

I'm actually much better with plants n trees than I am with flowers. I think I'll ask the lady at the nursery to help me choose some easy ones to grow and look after.
Missed Ya'll too!
I've been looking at sites for several weeks trying to choose outdoor fabric for my chairs and ottomans- as yet- havent found anything. I must though cause mine are faded and dont look good anymore.
might post a few fabric combo's on a new thread and get some opinions from ya'll.
hugs

Posts: 9975 | Location: NC ~zone 7B | Registered: Jun 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lilsophie
posted Hide Post
So pretty and GREEN. It's so pretty in NC, some of my family lives there.
I live in So Ca. Wish it would rain here so our yards could look like this. It takes a lot of water, and my bill is sky high trying to keep it green. sigh

Posts: 4590 | Location: Southern California | Registered: Oct 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sonny Dayz
posted Hide Post
thanks Sophie..
I envy ya'lls vegetable growing season and all your great fruit trees.
I guess every state has its positives and negatives.

Picture of Beau's Rose
posted Hide Post
Sonny,

So nice to see your post and your garden! You have a great place to enjoy Spring. It's already summer here. Good luck on the fabric search for the cushions.

~Like sands through the hourglass
~So are the days of our lives

Posts: 9350 | Registered: Oct 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CaraRose
posted Hide Post
Hey Sonny,

Good to see you girl. Welcome Back. Lovin the green. Spring is here, umm maybe?
Good luck finding just the right pops of colors for that lovely bed!.

Posts: 525 | Registered: Jul 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Froo Froo
posted Hide Post
Nature sure has a way of evoking the sense of rebirth...new beginnings. In short, "she's" more then just a pretty face.

I enjoyed viewing your lush landscape almost as much as seeing you post, Sonny. Have fun adding pops of cheery color amongst those hues of greens.

Posts: 18455 | Location: Right here, duh! ;) | Registered: Nov 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Maine Lady
posted Hide Post
Your garden area is so beautiful! Viewing it must give you such pleasure.

Things are getting green here, although at a slower pace. Every day I see our plants emerge further from the ground. The wild lupine are up, but no blooms are in sight yet. It won't be much longer before we are awash with living color.

Enjoy your garden and this day!

Maine Lady

Posts: 5723 | Location: Maine | Registered: Jan 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of benchwarmer
posted Hide Post
such an inviting setting and i'm green with envy. you've done a great job! so glad you shared. hugs

Posts: 4580 | Location: alabama | Registered: Aug 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of WWanda
posted Hide Post
You have a pretty yard. Things are finally starting to turn green around here too.

Nice to see you back Smile

Wanda

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Feb 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sonny Dayz
posted Hide Post
thanks so much to all of you for the kind words and the "welcome back"..

I truly appreciate it .

big hugs to all of ya