Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Decorating
Hop To Forums   General Decorating
  Redecorating in RED
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Redecorating in RED Sign In/Join 
posted
I hope you all won't mind me celebrating the University of Louisville Men's NCAA Basketball Championship win. AND believe it or not, the U of L Women's Basketball Team is playing against the University of Connecticut for the NCAA Championship. Wouldn't that be unbelievable for a double win???

Needless to say. We are all OVERJOYED!!!!

Posts: 1127 | Registered: Jan 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice of you to share your excitement with us. I remember the UofL/UK rivalry from when I lived in Louisville for a few years. Are you an alumna of UofL or just a fan?

Posts: 1730 | Registered: Aug 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congradulations on the Men's win and here's hoping that the Women's team can follow them.

I can see some parades coming to your town.

Wanda

Posts: 1729 | Registered: Jul 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of judy j.
posted Hide Post
We've been celebrating also.My household have always been Card fans.Fingers crossed for the ladies tonight.

Posts: 363 | Location: ky. | Registered: Dec 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I attended for two years and graduated from the University of Louisville but my heart has always been with the University of Kentucky's Big Blue Nation. However this was not a contest between two Kentucky teams.

Kentucky is basketball CRAZY!!!

Picture of nance425
posted Hide Post
Love, Lu: Congratulations. It was ok to beat Michigan. DH won second place for picking Louisville!
BTW: We're from MI & are true Michigan State Unv fans. It's a love/hate thing with Michiganders re Unv of M and MI State Unv teams. Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: nance425,

Posts: 4582 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: Dec 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CaraRose
posted Hide Post
Congrats on Louisville Red win...

Interesting here too. I am a Michigan girl thru and thru, dh was born and raised in KY. We now are retired to KY.

He rooted for Louisville and of course even though I am a Spartan fan, I rooted for Big Blue. Michigan teams are Michigan teams, unless they play each other.

I have to tell you though that these Kentuckians are crazy over college basketball. Ey yi yi.

Posts: 525 | Registered: Jul 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh, I knew the win wasn't against UK. That comment was more of an aside. It's neat that you can root for both the Louisville and UK teams with your attendance at both schools.

Picture of sjf
posted Hide Post
sorry our colors of choice were maize and blue (with a side of green and white for msu!)

Posts: 8482 | Location: se mi | Registered: Sep 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gracie, I never attended UK. Went to a woman's college for 2 years until my father was so ill. I transferred back to U of L to be near him. He died 4 days after my last class my senior year.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Love, Lu:
Gracie, I never attended UK. Went to a woman's college for 2 years until my father was so ill. I transferred back to U of L to be near him. He died 4 days after my last class my senior year.

Sorry, I misread your earlier post. I really need to get new glasses (or a new brain). I'm so sorry that you lost your father so early. You must miss him a lot.