HGTV Message Boards
Redecorating in RED

This topic can be found at:
http://boards.hgtv.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1634079532/m/4133985967

Apr 09, 2013, 03:01 AM
Love, Lu
Redecorating in RED
I hope you all won't mind me celebrating the University of Louisville Men's NCAA Basketball Championship win. AND believe it or not, the U of L Women's Basketball Team is playing against the University of Connecticut for the NCAA Championship. Wouldn't that be unbelievable for a double win???

Needless to say. We are all OVERJOYED!!!!
Apr 09, 2013, 12:32 PM
Graciepj
Nice of you to share your excitement with us. I remember the UofL/UK rivalry from when I lived in Louisville for a few years. Are you an alumna of UofL or just a fan?
Apr 09, 2013, 01:03 PM
gmvj
Congradulations on the Men's win and here's hoping that the Women's team can follow them.

I can see some parades coming to your town.

Wanda
Apr 09, 2013, 02:42 PM
judy j.
We've been celebrating also.My household have always been Card fans.Fingers crossed for the ladies tonight.
Apr 09, 2013, 04:23 PM
Love, Lu
I attended for two years and graduated from the University of Louisville but my heart has always been with the University of Kentucky's Big Blue Nation. However this was not a contest between two Kentucky teams.

Kentucky is basketball CRAZY!!!
Apr 09, 2013, 05:24 PM
nance425
Love, Lu: Congratulations. It was ok to beat Michigan. DH won second place for picking Louisville!
BTW: We're from MI & are true Michigan State Unv fans. It's a love/hate thing with Michiganders re Unv of M and MI State Unv teams. Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: nance425,
Apr 09, 2013, 06:15 PM
CaraRose
Congrats on Louisville Red win...

Interesting here too. I am a Michigan girl thru and thru, dh was born and raised in KY. We now are retired to KY.

He rooted for Louisville and of course even though I am a Spartan fan, I rooted for Big Blue. Michigan teams are Michigan teams, unless they play each other.

I have to tell you though that these Kentuckians are crazy over college basketball. Ey yi yi.
Apr 09, 2013, 08:06 PM
Graciepj
Oh, I knew the win wasn't against UK. That comment was more of an aside. It's neat that you can root for both the Louisville and UK teams with your attendance at both schools.
Apr 09, 2013, 08:33 PM
sjf
sorry our colors of choice were maize and blue (with a side of green and white for msu!)
Apr 10, 2013, 12:49 AM
Love, Lu
Gracie, I never attended UK. Went to a woman's college for 2 years until my father was so ill. I transferred back to U of L to be near him. He died 4 days after my last class my senior year.
Apr 10, 2013, 12:59 AM
Graciepj
quote:
Originally posted by Love, Lu:
Gracie, I never attended UK. Went to a woman's college for 2 years until my father was so ill. I transferred back to U of L to be near him. He died 4 days after my last class my senior year.

Sorry, I misread your earlier post. I really need to get new glasses (or a new brain). I'm so sorry that you lost your father so early. You must miss him a lot.