Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Decorating
Hop To Forums   General Decorating
  Area rug help for DD's room. PIC's
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Area rug help for DD's room. PIC's Sign In/Join 
Picture of Always1StepBehind
posted
I'm thinking a square rug for under the end of DD's bed.

There are 2 on overstock that look interesting.

This grey one which reviewers describe as silver, white and black carpet strands would work...

6'7 x 6'7

Posts: 9629 | Location: california | Registered: Apr 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
or this purple one..reviews describe it as a little darker than the picture which would be ok.

But it's sort of a gamble ordering site unseen.

same size 6'7 x 6'7

I don't think I'm going to have luck finding a square rug at a store. If I were to go with a rectangle rug which I would have better luck finding at a store, what size would go under a full size bed. Full mattress dimensions are 54 x 74.

Posts: 9629 | Location: california | Registered: Apr 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of WWanda
posted Hide Post
The purple one is pretty. If you want two feet around the bed, an 8 x 8 square would be perfect.

Wanda

Posts: 4866 | Registered: Feb 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well I don't want it all the way around her bed otherwise her nightstand would be hanging off the edge of the rug at the head of her bed.

So I'm thinking just around the middle/bottom end.

Picture of WWanda
posted Hide Post
From the pictures I've seen they usually place the rug in front of the nightstands, not all the way under the bed.

I found this on Pinterest.

Wanda

Posts: 4866 | Registered: Feb 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks WWanda. I'll have to measure to see how much floor space we have in there. Her room is fairly small.

I also saw some pictures with a smaller area rug or a runner on the side of the bed instead of using an area rug UNDER the bed. So that may be an option too.

Picture of lilsophie
posted Hide Post
I like how the rug is, with the green rug and the pic on the right. That's a very cute idea I think.

I think the purple rug would be a nice color, except it's hard to tell online what color the purple is exactly.
The grey would be nice too, then if she decides not to have purple anymore she can pick any color to accent with.
Yes and you can just put a nice size rug on the side of the bed that she gets out on. I think a little wider than a runner would be good. A cute shag in a cute color would work

This message has been edited. Last edited by: lilsophie,

Posts: 4748 | Location: Southern California | Registered: Oct 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Froo Froo
posted Hide Post
I too would hesitate to order a rug without seeing the color in person. I tend to think that rugs on either side of the bed would make more sense then one that is covered in great part by the bed.

Posts: 18698 | Location: Right here, duh! ;) | Registered: Nov 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of junk collector
posted Hide Post
I found some lovely area rugs at Lowe's the other day when I was shopping for a new one myself. Knowing what brands they carried, I went in to see the quality in person and then found the best deal online. Go to a store that carries the same brands you are considering and check out quality, color, etc.

They had wonderful plush area rugs, but make sure you can run the vacuum over it without a problem. You don't want to have to pick it up to shake it out too often.

Posts: 3288 | Registered: Aug 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I replaced my living room's old rug with the new one last year.. I bought it from the Nourison Hospitality .. They have all kinds of rugs with custom size and designs.. I would recommend you to go for it.. May be you will get your square rugs over here..

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Jacinda Wilson,

Posts: 1 | Registered: Jun 16, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If your DD's room is small, why not just consider 2 small rectangular area rugs that only fit the sides of her bed so it doesn't pick up more dust to be vacuumed underneath her bed where no one can see anyway?

Posts: 1688 | Registered: Sep 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post