Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Decorating
Hop To Forums   General Decorating
  has anyone been watching Flea Market Flip?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

has anyone been watching Flea Market Flip? Sign In/Join 
Picture of junk collector
posted
I searched for photos on HGTV's site and while they have episode info, they do not have photos from the projects the contestants did (or at least I couldn't find any).

A pair of ladies built a little accent table out of an old lamp and a gold framed mirror. It was to die for as an accent piece.

Anyone else watching this? Getting inspiration? It is on Friday nights and while some of the projects are duds, others are fab.

Posts: 2954 | Registered: Aug 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grp18
posted Hide Post
I love this show. It reminds me of the old HGTV shows that we all loved. It can be seen at other times also. It was on again Sat night and Sun morning. Still cold but makes you really want to get out and go to the flea markets.

Posts: 94 | Registered: Oct 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of debicga
posted Hide Post
quote:
A pair of ladies built a little accent table out of an old lamp and a gold framed mirror. It was to die for as an accent piece.

That was one piece I really liked from this show. I have seen most of the shows and sometimes the final product is SO far out there...and then the prices asked. I know they sell in NYC but still...asking $400 for a truly tacky decoupaged work table? I did see they didn't get that price but still...

*Debi*

~*Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence*~

Posts: 4916 | Location: Marietta,GA | Registered: Apr 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh that table was AWFUL! And it could have been so nice if they had added steel pipe or something industrial to it.

I thought the green chaise was gorgeous and found it hard to believe it didn't sell quickly. They kept making a fuss over the size of apartments/size of furniture, but that piece was small in scale. Hard to believe someone wouldn't want it as a small seating area - or am I out of touch?

Picture of annie17
posted Hide Post
I wish I had seen the show. Frown DId they use the lamp as the base and mirror as table top?

Posts: 7968 | Registered: Jul 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
yes and it was gorgeous! very funky.

Picture of busyjo
posted Hide Post
I have been watching and enjoy watching the search more than seeing some of the converted finds. I have seen so much more creativity on this message board that my standards are not being met by their upgrades (and they have help from skilled craftsmen). I did like the table made from the lamp and mirror though.

Posts: 1615 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: Apr 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KG in CA
posted Hide Post
Each time they go walking through the flea markets I see items I would love to buy. The work table was totally ruined by the decoupage, but it sold so what do I know?

What bothers me is how the host keeps everyone appraised of the sales totals so that, to the very last minute, the people behind know how much they need to win.

Summers are just this side of hell, but you don't have to shovel sunshine...

Click on the left to show albums
http://s76.photobucket.com/use...brary/?sort=3&page=1

Posts: 7384 | Location: Highland, CA Zone 9b  | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am totally loving this show!! Since seeing the episode with the lamp side table, I have been to 2 auctions and have bought 2 lamps for $1 each and now am looking for a cute round mirror to make some tables.

Tina

Posts: 2 | Registered: Mar 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I really like the show!!Finally HGTV has a good show on again. I really miss the old shows like Room by Room and Designing for the Sexes.

Posts: 113 | Registered: Jun 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of annie17
posted Hide Post
JC,

I'm still looking for apic of that table but I haven't found it. I did find these though. Are they similar?

I have a lamp base I am saving. I would like to find a round mirror for the top.

Picture of annie17
posted Hide Post
and this one....

posted Hide Post
Yep like those! The lamp they used was so pretty, and they didn't paint it. Wish I had room for something like it...

Picture of Christmas Candy
posted Hide Post
I agree that it is nice to have a show that isn't about Real Estate!!

I liked that little table and then last week I saw the one where they took a $15 bookcase and made a faux front by cutting old books' spines off and gluing them to doors so it actually was a hidden cabinet that looked like it was full of books!

I really miss Sensible Chic!! I loved how they mimicked those expensive rooms.

Candy

Posts: 1245 | Location: CO | Registered: Dec 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lilsophie
posted Hide Post
When is this show on? I'm on the west coast.

Posts: 4583 | Location: Southern California | Registered: Oct 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mriley
posted Hide Post
The show is aired on Fridays at 9:00pm and 9:30pm Eastern time.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mriley,

Posts: 1451 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Aug 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grp18
posted Hide Post
Not sure if you have Comcast or not but here the old episodes are showing up under ON Demand. You may be able to watch it again.

Posts: 94 | Registered: Oct 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of annie17
posted Hide Post
bump