Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Decorating
Hop To Forums   General Decorating
  What Window Treatments?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What Window Treatments? Sign In/Join 
posted
Looking to decorate these windows. Because of how the windows are not flat with the wall, I don't think a rod with curtains would go very well. In your opinion, what window treatments would be best?

Thanks in advance!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Lagrik,

Posts: 2 | Registered: May 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think some sort of shade would work best, one for each window. You could do roman shades in grass, bamboo or a fabric that coordinates with other fabrics in the adjacent room.

Posts: 1893 | Registered: Aug 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jackierenette
posted Hide Post
I have several pics of inspiration for you.I hope It gives you an idea of what you like.

about 4 pics.

Posts: 3010 | Location: Liberty, S.C. | Registered: Mar 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jackierenette
posted Hide Post
valances

Posts: 3010 | Location: Liberty, S.C. | Registered: Mar 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jackierenette
posted Hide Post
different shaped valances

Picture of jackierenette
posted Hide Post
cloth roman blinds

Picture of aychihuahua
posted Hide Post
...or plantation-style shutters.

Posts: 5289 | Registered: Jul 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
plantation-style shutters

That's what I was leaning towards.

Thanks everybody for your opinions!

Posts: 2 | Registered: May 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sjf
posted Hide Post
would you mind them being "closed" all the time? sort of limits the outside view, which is pleasent...

Posts: 8531 | Location: se mi | Registered: Sep 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Traveler
posted Hide Post
Plantation-style shutters are lovely, but they don't offer the softness that fabric window treatments provide.

--------------------------------
Chance favors the prepared mind.
-- Louis Pasteur --

Posts: 8406 | Location: Maryland | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aychihuahua
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Traveler:
Plantation-style shutters are lovely, but they don't offer the softness that fabric window treatments provide.

That may be true, but plantation shutters don't need to be dry cleaned or washed and ironed. (Dusted, yes.)Smile

Posts: 5289 | Registered: Jul 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bay and bow window treatment can be a good idea. Check more detail: Bay And Bow Window Treatment

Posts: 16 | Registered: Dec 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post