Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Decorating
Hop To Forums   General Decorating
  My first time buying on CL
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My first time buying on CL Sign In/Join 
Picture of craftybbq
posted
I saw this on Craigs List and fell in love with it and when I sent a message I was so happy that she still had it! This is perfect for my collections. Not bad for a first time buying on CL Smile

Posts: 1026 | Registered: Oct 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's terrific, good for you. But we're a VERY NOSY group, we need to know how much you paid.'
Please share...

Posts: 1925 | Location: Northern New Jersey | Registered: Mar 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craftybbq
posted Hide Post
lol Jaysmom....I payed 145.00....it's really heavy with nice thick cherry wood. So....did I do good for that price?

Picture of annie17
posted Hide Post
Nice job! That is really pretty. Wish we had more furniture on local CL.

Posts: 7969 | Registered: Jul 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beau's Rose
posted Hide Post
Great piece & Great price so a pat on the back for you. Have fun with your displays!

~Like sands through the hourglass
~So are the days of our lives

Posts: 9325 | Registered: Oct 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sounds like your first experience was excellent. Congratulations on your find!

Posts: 1727 | Registered: Aug 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craftybbq
posted Hide Post
Thank you everyone! The people were really nice so that made the experience even better. I look on CL all the time and when I saw this I just knew I wanted it. You know how it is when you see something you know you have to have lol

Picture of Always1StepBehind
posted Hide Post
That looks great-

Posts: 9432 | Location: california | Registered: Apr 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CaraRose
posted Hide Post
What a beautiful piece. Enjoy!

Posts: 525 | Registered: Jul 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary Ruth
posted Hide Post
craftybbq,
YOU DID GREAT! GREAT piece will last for years and you will never tire of its great sleek design.

What I admire about your purchase is that you had the patience to purchase what you LOVE, quality and good price before jumping in and getting the buying fever.

CL is a great place to purchase things, BUT it sure takes patience to find the right pieces that actually FIT into our decorating scheme and is a good deal.

Your patience paid off! Smile I LOVE it! AND it will showcase some of your beloved collections for years!

Posts: 9530 | Location: East Space Coast, Florida zone 9B | Registered: Feb 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craftybbq
posted Hide Post
Thank you!! I am really enjoying decorating this. I have so many options of what I can put on it that if I get tired of one thing I can put a whole different collection on it.

posted Hide Post
I really love this piece! It has a timelessness about it and I can see the quality of it from the picture! You found a great buy!!

Posts: 436 | Location: Huber Heights,Ohio,USA | Registered: Nov 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Traveler
posted Hide Post
That is lovely. Any idea how old it is?

--------------------------------
Chance favors the prepared mind.
-- Louis Pasteur --

Posts: 8404 | Location: Maryland | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Skyler
posted Hide Post
Very nice piece! I like the drawers on the bottom. One can never have too much storage space. Glad you're having fun decorating it.

Posts: 10400 | Location: Southern California | Registered: Jun 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary Ruth
posted Hide Post
craftybbq,
Have you been playing with your new piece and taken another photo? hint hint...

Posts: 9530 | Location: East Space Coast, Florida zone 9B | Registered: Feb 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post