Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Decorating
Hop To Forums   General Decorating
  Happy Dance being done here
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Happy Dance being done here Sign In/Join 
posted
Got the electrician in today to install 7 recessed lights in our 19x8 galley kitchen. Before we had 2 old flourescent fixtures and wow, does it look different now!!! He was also able to update an old ceiling exhaust fan and move it closer over the range. I'm so pleased with his work but with the new lighting I can see all the dirt I missed cleaning before Smile

Posts: 572 | Registered: Jan 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Always1StepBehind
posted Hide Post
No pictures to share?!?!?!? Glad you are happy with your new light.

Posts: 9786 | Location: california | Registered: Apr 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We bought a new computer and for the life of me I can not figure out how to download pics and post. It's irriatating that I have to have the hubby help me each time, lol. Maybe one day soon I'll get some posted Smile

Posts: 572 | Registered: Jan 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beau's Rose
posted Hide Post
MB,

Congrats on your lighting updates. Come on we need pics when you can.

Congrats again!

~Like sands through the hourglass
~So are the days of our lives

Posts: 9512 | Registered: Oct 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lilsophie
posted Hide Post
Thats awesome Mountianbeach. I bought a new computer some months ago.. I had a heck of a time learning to post pics with it too. I figured it out, but have to stop and think every darn time. So frustrating lol

Posts: 4803 | Location: Southern California | Registered: Oct 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Grapefruit
posted Hide Post
I still cannot post pics with our new computer!

Posts: 3272 | Location: central PA | Registered: Jan 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Froo Froo
posted Hide Post
It is said that paint transforms a space like nothing else, but lighting has a similar effect and is often an after thought. Not only does illuminate, but can warm a space, highlight an area calling attention to it, bump a wall back and set a mood. I can't wait to see what it's done to your space. I can relate somewhat to your changes when my DH removed a florescent box to three pendants , changed our chandy and had cans installed to illuminate our countertops.

Posts: 18780 | Location: Right here, duh! ;) | Registered: Nov 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Georgia Peach
posted Hide Post
Wish you could post before and after shots of your kitchen. I've been trying to convince DH to change out our fluorescent bulbs but he doesn't think he will be able to see what he's eating at our bar...(rolling eyes here!)

Posts: 2312 | Location: Coastal Plain Region ~~ Georgia ~~ Zone 8b | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ladies, you need to develop an attitude! If MEN can do it, how hard can it be? You can do it because we READ and FOLLOW directions, what a thought! LOL!

Posts: 1995 | Location: Northern New Jersey | Registered: Mar 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post