Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Living Room Sign In/Join 
posted
I have painted my living room a light green. The color is Sage Morsel from Lowes. I am now trying to figure out what colors and style will go with this color. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Posts: 2 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: Aug 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Green is a good neutral and will go well with lots of colours. I am not of the belief that it is necessary to have your wall colour present in all your fabrics and accessories. Do a google search of " Sage Morsel Valspar images" and you will find pictures of rooms decorated with it. Here it is with chocolate brown furniture and aqua blue accents.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SusanBradfordKent,

Posts: 519 | Registered: Mar 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Froo Froo
posted Hide Post
I agree greens are neutrals. That being said, it is wise for novice decorators to draw scheme inspiration from fabrics or papers. The inspirational print found, pull one color from it for the walls factoring such things as flooring, furniture, room lighting conditions, and the feel you seek. I offer this advice with an eye toward future spaces.

Carry a wall color chip with you as you progress for reference. tzho it is true that your green need not be present in your upholstery or rug, I personally like to repeat it in small doses around the room as even tho it is a neutral, it unifies the space. it is personal pt reference really. Keep in mind that various hue values of the wall green can be repeated a bit in a print in the room that can feature another neutral like the brown posed or a charcoal gray or black and white. In any event, the main point is that green is considered a neutral affording you flexibility with scheme from neutrals to complimentary colors to a monochromatic scheme. If print interest is lacking, consider a mix of at least two scales along with textures. This is especially essential in a monochromatic space.

Posts: 18698 | Location: Right here, duh! ;) | Registered: Nov 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you so much. I didn't think of looking at the color online that way. Can't wait to get started now!

Posts: 2 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: Aug 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It appears to be a terrific grey/green neutral, Lakegirl.

I know it's tempting to paint first. WRT future rooms and homes, I suggest you locate a color inspiration, e.g. rug, artwork, accessories - whatever you like, first and then use that to match/find the appropriate paint shades. It'll save you tons of time, IMHO.

Good Luck!

Posts: 487 | Registered: Dec 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think grey sofas and black wood accents would go perfectly with your green walls. I love the combination of these colors. I have picked the same from Furniture Zone & Sleep Shop

Posts: 93 | Location: Killeen, Texas | Registered: Jul 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Charcoal/Black/Raspberry/Peach/Aubergine/Espresso/Navy

Posts: 1594 | Registered: Jun 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post