Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Decorating
Hop To Forums   General Decorating
  What type of window treatments for this room?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What type of window treatments for this room? Sign In/Join 
posted
This room doesn't get any direct sunlight and is usually darker. This is the same room I will be painting a lighter tan color with a blue accent wall behind the bed (disregard the green color currently on the walls).

What would you do for window treatments on the windows flanking the bed and the small little one in the corner by the desk? I don't want to block any light from getting in.

Bedroom Pic 1

Posts: 783 | Registered: May 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
View 2

posted Hide Post
Color of tan on all walls except behind bed.

posted Hide Post
Color of accent wall behind bed.

posted Hide Post
Another option is to lose the accent wall and do all walls Manchester Tan and blue accents - window treatments as well (solid or patterned - don't know).

Picture of Always1StepBehind
posted Hide Post
I'm glad you don't need light blocking because my first thought was something light and sheer.

Posts: 9786 | Location: california | Registered: Apr 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Always1StepBehind
posted Hide Post
ok. after seeing your last post I also like the idea of a panel with color or pattern as an accent if you are doing an all neutral wall paint.

Posts: 9786 | Location: california | Registered: Apr 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of WWanda
posted Hide Post
I'm not a fan of accent walls (but that's me, it's your room) and since your headboard is tan, I would do all of the walls in the blue you've chosen and because you have a lot of colors in the bedding that you've shown, you could use any one or more of them as an accent.

You can make the windows look larger and let in more light if you place the rods outside of the windows so the panels will hang on the wall instead of covering the window.

If you need privacy at night, I happen to love the pleated shades that "disappear" when you push them to top.

How about tan curtains that match the headboard and a few on the bed to tie it in?

Wanda

Posts: 4866 | Registered: Feb 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lady of shallot
posted Hide Post
Christy, I also am not a fan of accent walls, unless the architecture of the room suggest a reasonable use there.

Unless you need the softness of fabric a/c weather etc., why not just leave the windows dressed as they are?

Posts: 13082 | Registered: Jun 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I also love the idea of painting the entire room blue. Your bed would really stand out. I would also go with an asymmetrical type of window treatment, like one of these in a simple cream or beige tone.

Posts: 130 | Registered: Oct 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Or like this one. Oh, I also forgot that I would paint the trim and doors bright white, instead of the wood color.

Posts: 130 | Registered: Oct 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of WWanda
posted Hide Post
Ooh, I love both of those rooms FM.

I meant add a few pillows on the bed to tie them in with tan curtains.

Wanda

Posts: 4866 | Registered: Feb 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by christyinco:
Another option is to lose the accent wall and do all walls Manchester Tan and blue accents - window treatments as well (solid or patterned - don't know).

Much better way to go. If you think the room is too dark now, the blue wall will make it more so.

Posts: 805 | Registered: Jul 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary Ruth
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cavin:
quote:

Much better way to go. If you think the room is too dark now, the blue wall will make it more so.

I agree, nice room!

Posts: 9816 | Location: East Space Coast, Florida zone 9B | Registered: Feb 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mary Ruth:
quote:
Originally posted by Cavin:
quote:

I agree, nice room!

Yes, I agree too!

Posts: 558 | Registered: Mar 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
This room doesn't get any direct sunlight and is usually darker. This is the same room I will be painting a lighter tan color with a blue accent wall behind the bed (disregard the green color currently on the walls).

What would you do for window treatments on the windows flanking the bed and the small little one in the corner by the desk? I don't want to block any light from getting in.

Hope i could give some better idea to you, you can go with string curtains which perfectly filters sunlight or else you can go with voile curtains. Go with some white or any other light shades which would enhance the room. I would like to suggest curtainsandcurtains.com where you can find huge number of string curtains and voile curtains collections..

String curtains from curtainsandcurtains.com

Posts: 18 | Registered: Aug 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beau's Rose
posted Hide Post
Christy,

Did you decide on the paint colors yet? i like those two colors above and agree not to do an accent wall.

Something similar to the WT that FM posted would look nice in the room.

Here are a couple of patterns that might give you ideas.

http://mfay.com/index.php?id_p...0&controller=product

http://mfay.com/index.php?id_p...8&controller=product

~Like sands through the hourglass
~So are the days of our lives

Posts: 9512 | Registered: Oct 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Froo Froo
posted Hide Post
ALERT: sheetalm is violating board rules by advertising. Do NOT go to that recommended site.

Posts: 18779 | Location: Right here, duh! ;) | Registered: Nov 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Froo Froo
posted Hide Post
I too like the idea of blue walls and white trim. The room won't be too dark if a lighter hue value is used and the bed will, dare I say(?) POP.

Posts: 18779 | Location: Right here, duh! ;) | Registered: Nov 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redo Your Room Online
posted Hide Post
Hi Christy!

I would go with white sheers and hang them close to the ceiling making sure they touch the floor. It would help to balance the height of the pictures you hung behind your bed-making it look more balanced. The same with the small window by your table (the wall looks a bit narrow-I'd hang just one panel there and attach a curtain tie back like this pic...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Redo Your Room Online,

Posts: 13 | Location: New York, NY | Registered: Sep 09, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Redo, you've been reported as advertising. If you really wanted to join this board, you would take all your advertising off!

Posts: 1995 | Location: Northern New Jersey | Registered: Mar 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post