Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Decorating
Hop To Forums   General Decorating
  Hydrangea Tablescape
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hydrangea Tablescape Sign In/Join 
Picture of Christmas Candy
posted
I found some pretty pink hydrangea plates and matching creamer at a thrift store and placed them on a table with more of my TS treasures to create this tablescape.

Literally everthing on the table, including the tablecloth and napkins is from a thrift store!

The colors are really pretty IRL.

I will post a couple more shots as I don't know how to get more than one picture in a post.
Candy

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Christmas Candy,

Posts: 1310 | Location: CO | Registered: Dec 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The salad plates are very sculpted.
The CP is silk. The napkins have blue and purple hydrangeas printed on them.

Posts: 1310 | Location: CO | Registered: Dec 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sonny Dayz
posted Hide Post
beautiful lavendar plates CC.. I know everyone will enjoy their dinner in such a lovely setting.

to see my projects view my Blog.
http://155dreamlane.blogspot.com/

Posts: 9988 | Location: NC ~zone 7B | Registered: Jun 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Final view:

TTFN,
Candy

posted Hide Post
I am having difficulty with the last picture??

Still trying to get it to post,
Well, I finally made it, but don't know why it was so difficult.
Candy

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Christmas Candy,

Picture of Froo Froo
posted Hide Post
Lovely scape. Gosh...I've been missing tablescape threads around here. Thanks for sharing.

Posts: 18698 | Location: Right here, duh! ;) | Registered: Nov 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of paintlady
posted Hide Post
CC such a lovely tablescape. I particularly love hydrangeas, so this caught my eye. The colors are so soft and feminine. Beautiful job. Thank you for sharing.

Posts: 9011 | Registered: Jul 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of busyjo
posted Hide Post
I would love to have lunch and chat at that table. Too pretty.

Posts: 1634 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: Apr 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary Ruth
posted Hide Post
I love it when I find pieces that I can coordinate for a table setting! Still LOVE table setting photos! I have a couple of Pinterest boards dedicated to photos of them...! Can never see too many good table settings!

ENJOY your pretty arrangement!

Posts: 9754 | Location: East Space Coast, Florida zone 9B | Registered: Feb 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beautiful. Wish TS near here had such treasures. Thanks for sharing. I too have missed tablescapes.

Strings

Friends divide our sorrows and multiply our joys.

Posts: 6301 | Registered: Sep 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Linderhof
posted Hide Post
A very pretty table and I ADORE hydrangeas! Makes a lovely table!

Martha

Posts: 6046 | Location: On the prairie of Kansas | Registered: Dec 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Maine Lady
posted Hide Post
What a beautiful table setting you have created! Thank you for sharing.

Maine Lady

Posts: 5742 | Location: Maine | Registered: Jan 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great job, Candy!

Thanks for sharing it with us -

Posts: 487 | Registered: Dec 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks ladies!

I discovered tablescaping on RMS, and was immediately hooked.

Once I discovered that thrift stores had lots of inexpensive dishes, linens, flatware, glassware, etc., I began to amass a rather large collection. I have a large basement, so they are stored down there. At first, I bought lots of dishes, but now I have enough that I need to be more selective in my purchases, LOL.

I do occasionally find some on clearance at regular stores, and a few from yard sales, but I don't get to many of those as they are usually on days when I am on the golf course, LOL.

The table that I most often use is in my sunroom, but sometimes it is the dining room, and even the kitchen table for some holidays.

Thanks again,
Candy

Picture of Beau's Rose
posted Hide Post
Candy,

Another great scape that looks inviting and fun! You make such finds with your dishes! I enjoy seeing how you put it all together.

~Like sands through the hourglass
~So are the days of our lives

Posts: 9457 | Registered: Oct 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post