Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Decorating
Hop To Forums   General Decorating
  My kitchen is halfway complete
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My kitchen is halfway complete Sign In/Join 
posted
Merry Christmas to me! I'm SO happy.

My table finally arrived. The chairs have been here for a few weeks. There's also a new chandelier.

Posts: 132 | Registered: Oct 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here's the before picture. It looks totally different in here.

posted Hide Post
Here's a few more pictures. We have new knobs/pulls, the refrigerator, cooktop and the telescoping downdraft. The oven and microwave are in boxes in our garage until the bigger cabinet comes in.

Also, we're going to paint the cabinet the same "french White" color as the table legs. That will happen this spring. Eventually we will get granite counters too.

Picture of Grapefruit
posted Hide Post
Wow your table and new light look great!! It does give you an entirely new look!!!

Posts: 3273 | Location: central PA | Registered: Jan 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beau's Rose
posted Hide Post
FM,

Your DR looks so different. It all looks like a very nice update. Love the legs on that table too!

~Like sands through the hourglass
~So are the days of our lives

Posts: 9512 | Registered: Oct 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of paintlady
posted Hide Post
I love it all. It's looking fantastic. Happy New Year to you and your family. I always enjoy updates from you.

Posts: 9012 | Registered: Jul 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looking fantastic and lovely table. I am having a case os serious green envy over your refrigerator. Wish I had had the room and budget for one like that when we moved. Enjoy!!

Posts: 3164 | Location: Michigan and sw Florida | Registered: May 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Froo Froo
posted Hide Post
It's unfolding beautifully. Enjoy!

Posts: 18780 | Location: Right here, duh! ;) | Registered: Nov 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of junk collector
posted Hide Post
New table looks fantastic! really changes the look of things.

Posts: 3490 | Registered: Aug 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone. I'm so excited about it because it's been 3 years in the making. Just these little changes have really made it look amazing (to me). I'll post some updated pictures when the new/larger cabinet's installed with the oven/microwave.

Mamaspoon - The fridge is 23.1 cubic feet and is counter depth. It's smaller then a lot of ones we looked at but it's really got a lot more room then I expected. I really liked it.

posted Hide Post
Great table and the start of an even better kitchen. Although I do have one thought why granite. I know, I know, granite and stainless steel. I can't help but think that the kitchen is shouting "butcher block"! I can't help but wonder if HH is on 20 yrs from now, the "youngens" will all be saying "granite counter tops, well, they HAVE to go".
But it is still WONDERFUL! Great job.

Posts: 1995 | Location: Northern New Jersey | Registered: Mar 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
jaysmom49 - I love the look of wood counters but it's quite pricey, and we have a lot of wood in the kitchen and great room, so I wanted to stay away from any more wood.

Picture of Christmas Candy
posted Hide Post
So happy for you!! I love the new table.

I'm sure you were glad to say bye-bye to the 80's set that was there, LOL

It is all looking fabulous!

Happy New Year and Happy New Décor!!
Candy

Posts: 1330 | Location: CO | Registered: Dec 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Always1StepBehind
posted Hide Post
ahhh...Christmas Candy beat me to my line...good-bye 80's table....HELLLLOOO beautiful!!!!

LOVE your new table...

Posts: 9796 | Location: california | Registered: Apr 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lady of shallot
posted Hide Post
quote:
if HH is on 20 yrs from now, the "youngens" will all be saying "granite counter tops, well, they HAVE to go".

They already are! Open concept too!

Posts: 13092 | Registered: Jun 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of out on a limb
posted Hide Post
I understand the excitement!! Way too much beautiful!!!

Enjoy the transformation!

~~~becca~~~~

Posts: 5594 | Location: dayton ohio | Registered: Jul 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lady Shallot - You're probably right about that. I wonder what else is out there within reason. I love the looks of wood counters (sorry, but not the butcher block type) but they're not as durable since they need extra care. They're also more expensive. Right now, granite is the most durable and isn't too bad on price.