Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Decorating
Hop To Forums   General Decorating
  Hanging Leather Horse Harness
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hanging Leather Horse Harness Sign In/Join 
posted
I watched an episode of High/Low with Sabrina Soto and she decorated with a great leather horse harness. Thought it was awesome, so I found nice horse harness t n antique store. Question: How do I hang it on the wall?

Posts: 2 | Location: Kansas | Registered: Aug 31, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Georgia Peach
posted Hide Post
Do you have a complete harness set? If so, I'm not sure how I would display it since it would be quite heavy. Just the bridle and reins or the harness collar? I'd use a nice hook (horseshoe, etc.) for hanging it. Most equestrian sites or tack stores have them. I've seen some nice Western ones in Tractor Supply.

Posts: 2261 | Location: Zone 8b | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lady of shallot
posted Hide Post
this is just some parts (I don't know anything really about horse harnesses, but I found these) and how I have displayed them in my DGD's attic bedroom. she is a rider.

Posts: 12796 | Registered: Jun 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Froo Froo
posted Hide Post

Posts: 18699 | Location: Right here, duh! ;) | Registered: Nov 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What I bought is similar to: http://www.1stdibs.com/furnitu...harness/id-f_431272/

I appreciate the help. I'd like to hang it such that the hanging device does not detract from the harness. Any other suggestions, please add them!

Posts: 2 | Location: Kansas | Registered: Aug 31, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Froo Froo
posted Hide Post
How about a large wrought iron hook...something along these lines (hung upside down than the image)?

http://store.almost-amish.com/servlet/Detail?no=210

Posts: 18699 | Location: Right here, duh! ;) | Registered: Nov 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Christmas Candy
posted Hide Post
I didn't see the show, nor what you bought, but I have a picture of the horse collar with hames that I got out of my grandfathers barn and turned into a mirror in the early 1970's.
It needed some serious cleaning, black shoe polish, and the brass on the hames needed polishing! Of course, Gramp hadn't used it in years, but had pictures of when he used horses on the farm.

Mine has picture wire across the back as the mirror hides the center space.

Please post pictures of your finished project.

TTFN,
Candy

Posts: 1315 | Location: CO | Registered: Dec 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lady of shallot
posted Hide Post
What CC did is what I have seen. It is a collar which I don't think you use with a harness but am I wrong?

Posts: 12796 | Registered: Jun 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post