Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Decorating
Hop To Forums   General Decorating
  Maybe OT but I don't get it
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Maybe OT but I don't get it Sign In/Join 
posted
Sitting here while a blizzard is outside. 24 degrees, wind chill below zero, with about 9" of snow predicted (ok, so it's the WCF that makes it a blizzard!).
As I sit here, my ceramic village is still glowing, my putz houses (my "thing" this year) under my little tree are still making me smile.
All my little "finds" like the wire tree that I found about a week before Christmas, still makes me smile. When I drive up to my house, in the dark, after work, my little trees all lit up greet me with a warmth that belies the weather.
So what is it that I don't get?

Why are some so thrilled to take it all down and pack it away?
Are the houses so warm and wonderful that a few lights, etc. are just clutter that need to be packed up ASAP? Now, I do understand that if you're heading south or remodeling, the stuff "needs to go" but....-

I decided way before Christmas that I would not put anything "away" until I went through all the stuff I didn't use and purged. I actually purged a bunch of stuff before. So that was my initial mindset.

But now, I realize I LIKE it up, I'm in no rush to get it down and when I do, it will be the true "Christmas" stuff that will go first and the snowflakes, little white lights and snowmen will be with me for a while.

I know, I know, it's my house and I'll do what I darn well please, but isn't winter long enough
without something to warm the heart?

Posts: 1972 | Location: Northern New Jersey | Registered: Mar 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
JaysMom,
You can always say you are hanging on to the English tradition of celebrating TWELVE DAYS of Christmas and leave it up until Epiphany (Jan 6)
OR just leave it up till your tired of looking at it.

Posts: 1140 | Registered: Jan 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have thought a small tree with white lights could have the ornaments/decorations changed for the seasons. Hearts for Valentine's, Shamrocks for St. Pat's, Easter items etc.

I usually feel sad taking the tree down, but for some reason this year, don't feel that way.

On the dining room table, I had some led lights under the dome of a a cake stand and today I bought some glittered hearts that I will add to it for Valentine's Day.

Not proud of it, but my Dept. 56 Snow Village has been up for a few years. Did remove the snow for the summer. Do plan to take it down soon.

Some decorations can be for winter, not just December. Will be on the look out for that type in the future. Candles, lights etc. can help brighten up dark winter days and evenings.

Strings

Friends divide our sorrows and multiply our joys.

Posts: 6309 | Registered: Sep 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Christmas Candy
posted Hide Post
JM, I'm with you!!
I am still enjoying my lights and won't start taking anything down until Jan. 6!!

I will transition to snowmen and snowflakes, but the Santas and most of the trees will go away.

I am one of the "more is more" people, so the extra décor warms my heart. I do understand that some see it as clutter and that is why they are in a hurry to get it put away.

I find the house to seem empty when it is all gone, hence the transition with snowmen, snowflakes, icicles, etc.

My DM brought a friend over to see the décor last Monday and she loved it, but told my DM later that it made her tired to even think about putting it all away, LOL

I just tell people that these are my toys and I really enjoy playing with them!!

So....I'm with you, enjoy it as long as you can!!

Candy

Posts: 1314 | Location: CO | Registered: Dec 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Annon
posted Hide Post
I'm not a big Christmas fan, so I'm usually ready to take it down. The house just seems too cluttered for me. I really like winter, though. I decorate after Christmas with my red and white antique quilts, and snowflake dinnerware.

Posts: 3619 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of busyjo
posted Hide Post
Jaysmom, I loved my tree and always left it up until New Years Day. Taking it down made me sad. However, we now travel immediately after so it comes down immediately after, but I understand your point. While I share that warm glow feeling, I understand that some people see all of decor as clutter. It is a basic personality difference, and I just feel sorry for folks who can't relax and enjoy. I had a neighbor who came down Christmas morning with the boxes to take the tree down. It broke her children's hearts, and it was even mentioned at her funeral. They said they interpreted it as her not liking to have Christmas for them until they as adults understood her anxiety disorder.

Posts: 1635 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: Apr 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sonny Dayz
posted Hide Post
I take mine down slowlySmile the vignettes in different areas go first, couple days later the dining room table decor goes and then all the ornaments off the tree and I super clean as I go.

The tree lights stay on till the night of the 5th, next day the tree goes and I try to add some winter decor to the mantle and bar area so things still feel warm , cozy and there's a little twinkle here and there.

You should leave things up till YOU decide you dont want to look at them . Your home- Your choice and to heck with what anyone else thinks.

to see my projects view my Blog.
http://155dreamlane.blogspot.com/

Posts: 9988 | Location: NC ~zone 7B | Registered: Jun 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Linderhof
posted Hide Post
Because Jaysmom, Christmas goes UP Thanksgiving weekend and after a MONTH of Christmas decorations everyone is tired of them and so puts them away -- sometimes Christmas night! For it's "over"!

I have been decorating more slowly -- the first week, the Advent wreath and the nativity set; the next week, the greens and finally the tree.

Ours is still up as well but will be coming down this weekend.

And yes, with the dreary cold January, the house without lights and greens DOES seem colder and less friendly!

So I force pussywillow and forsythia and have pots of paperwhites around! That makes January seem less dreary.

Enjoy your Christmas decorations for as long as you want!

Martha

Posts: 6068 | Location: On the prairie of Kansas | Registered: Dec 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Maine Lady
posted Hide Post
I, too, love a warm and cozy glow in our home. All year.

The Christmassy items are always put away before the end of my school vacation. Much of our decor is winter/ nature themed and stays out much longer.

Year round, I like to keep that cozy glow going. We have a pack basket in our entryway that is filled with branches and little white lights. Those come on every night. In the evening we turn on the Sillites in our sunroom, which connects the living side of our home to the bedrooms. I also turn off all the kitchen lights, except the under the counter lights. Those are on a dimmer, so I dim them down to cast the lovely gentle glow through the kitchen (which is visible from the LR, DR, den and front entry). Our home has more ambient lighting than it does task lighting. I am happy with that.

Maine Lady

Posts: 5743 | Location: Maine | Registered: Jan 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
jaysmom - of course each person is different. For me, leaving it up after Christmas does not give me pleasure and comfort; it's just a gloomy reminder that the festivities are over, and a looming chore. Since it takes several days to put it all away, it's a chore I want to have done during my holiday break; not something to have hanging over my weekends after I go back to work. Also, since I start putting up fall decor in Sept., and then transition directly into Christmas, it's been close to four months since my house has had "normal" decor and I'm just ready to get back to it. To each his or her own Smile

Posts: 4103 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: Dec 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of paintlady
posted Hide Post
Jaysmom, I'm with you. I decorate before Thanksgiving because I'm out of town the week of Thanksgiving. I totally love the feeling of our home decorated for Christmas. As it was snowing last night and the wind was howling, I had the fireplace going and my sunroom Christmas tree lights on. It was such a comfortable cozy setting. I'll miss that when I take it all down until next year. The feelings surrounding the entire Christmas season is something I have difficulty in letting go of.

Posts: 9011 | Registered: Jul 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Froo Froo
posted Hide Post
I am also in your camp. We typically leave the Christmas trimmings up till the end of January or sometimes beyond. Here in the NE, we find the glitter and lights of Christmas warm our hearts and sustain us through the cold, sometimes bleak, winter months. What is cozier teamed with a fireside glow? A blanket of new fallen snow only enhances the experience. In part the Christmas trimmings and lights serve to remind us of the BEST holiday of the year and what it represents. This in itself is comforting and joyous. The decorations are symbolic, but coupled with the prolonged spirit of Christmas...nothing compares.

Posts: 18699 | Location: Right here, duh! ;) | Registered: Nov 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beau's Rose
posted Hide Post
Jaysmom,

I loved seeing your pics of your village and decorations. You are so right that as long as they make you smile, they are welcome decor.

It is different for me decorating for the holidays. I like to put the Christmas things away and get back to routines. We have a small house so seasonal decorating creates the issue of where to store the current lamps or accessories go if I use that space?

My tropical decor makes me "smile". It's been a long journey to get the style settled that fits our home and family; the daily catch or a simple bucket of seashells. We are enjoying sunny days temps in the 70 and 80 degree range in the next few days. DH and I will be be out in the boat catching some sunshine and fish.

Just a different perspective of seasonal decorating. Enjoy your decor and smile!

~Like sands through the hourglass
~So are the days of our lives

Posts: 9461 | Registered: Oct 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello from Morristown, Jaysmom! I actually made it into work. I'm at my desk looking toward the woods.The painfully scrawny deer are poking around for scraps of pumpkin buried beneath the snow of Wrightsman Farms. It certainly looks like a Bing Crosby Christmas out there now. I was going to use today to take down the decorations since I'm here by myself, but thanks to you I think I'll leave them up a few more days. Happy New Year!

Posts: 1789 | Location: Morristown | Registered: Jun 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aychihuahua
posted Hide Post
Scrooge, here: we just took down our Christmas decorations yesterday, and we each gave a sigh of relief. I am ready for the new year! No looking back.

The house looks suitably winterish. How could it not; it's below freezing here in Texas, no less. But, no snow, and we have a fireplace and we're as cozy as we can be.

We are not into excessive decorations, even though I greatly admire seeing those displays that are artful and full of personality.

I still have a remnant left of the holidays: my little amaryllis. The other ones bloomed early, but this one held out until Christmas and New Year's. He has about one day left before he withers away.

Posts: 5313 | Registered: Jul 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cocok
posted Hide Post
My Christmas decorations are still up, and we are totally still enjoying them. I will most likely take a few things down on the weekend, and over next week put things away. I am in no hurry, as you described, jaysmom49, I like the glow.

On the other hand, I also love the after Christmas clean and spare feeling, and I love looking forward to a new year. So for me it is going from one look I love, on to the next look that I also love. No rush though.

Posts: 7203 | Registered: Apr 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lady of shallot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Why are some so thrilled to take it all down and pack it away?

Jaysmom, you ask "what is it that I don't get?"

Of course I can only speak for myself so I would say that "what you don't get" is simply that people do not all feel the same way about things.

For me if the Christmas decorations were not limited in time, they would not be nearly so special. It is their specialness, their brief and sometimes almost magical appearance, that creates the glow and aura of a once a year celebration and gathering together of loved ones with special food and gifts, that is most important to me.

To try to extend that very long in time, is simply not the same.

If it is for you then that is uniquely a gift that you can enjoy. For me, while I am not "thrilled" to dismantle Christmas, it is more comforting to do so than to have it be extended, because in fact even though the decorations can remain, all that is Christmas is really for a very brief period of time, and I like the decorations to really be emblematic of the Christmas spirit.

Posts: 12792 | Registered: Jun 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just josie
posted Hide Post
We still have our tree up....it just looks so pretty and so homey. It's also very very very cold by me, so turning on the fireplace and plugging in the tree and lighted garland just make me happy.

we will probably take it all down on Sunday though Frown

Posts: 1711 | Registered: Apr 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Annett
posted Hide Post
I'm in Minnesota where we're hunkering down for a few days of record-breaking weather. And I have to admit that I'm a little bit pleased that the cold is encouraging my neighbors to leave their Christmas lights up for a few more days. They're so pretty reflecting off the snow, and if I do have to venture out, they really light up the early nightfalls we get this time of year.

Posts: 1433 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: Nov 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love decorating for Christmas. The actual work of doing it is pleasurable. I love the fragrance of the tree, its lights, the whole shebang. But after all the gifts have been opened, there is something a little sad about the tree. Once an evening goes by that I don't plug in the lights, it is time for the tree to come down. I don't dislike this chore either. As I posted earlier, this year we made a festive evening of un-decorating. Now that my house is back to normal, I don't find it not cozy--it's just not Christmasy. But I cross stitch Christmas-themed items all year round, so Christmas is really always with me.

Posts: 3460 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: Jan 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The ironic thing about our winter so far is that even if I wanted to take the tree outside, there is no place to put it! The snow is so deep that it would be a struggle to set it up which was mine plan.

Plus with sub zero temps, we don't even want to hold the door open any longer than just to exit ourselves! Which reminds me. In Maine when it gets so cold we do not use our fireplace, instead close the damper as the heat will just go up the chimney. We do have a stove in the basement which we use constantly.

posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by lady of shallot:
The ironic thing about our winter so far is that even if I wanted to take the tree outside, there is no place to put it! The snow is so deep that it would be a struggle to set it up which was my plan.

Plus with sub zero temps, we don't even want to hold the door open any longer than just to exit ourselves! Which reminds me. In Maine when it gets so cold we do not use our fireplace, instead close the damper as the heat will just go up the chimney. We do have a stove in the basement which we use constantly.

Picture of wendek
posted Hide Post
I agree. I love the sparkle and magic of the holidays and Christmas trees and all the decor. But this year my life is in transition so I took the tree down early. It was up since before thanksgiving anyway. The outdoor lights are still up though. It varies each year.

Posts: 4337 | Location: SF | Registered: Feb 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My niece's husband claims that his father liked one real tree so much that he left it up until the following September. The story goes that the old man got really angry if anyone slammed a door or breathed hard as the needles began to drop. Can we at least agree that THIS show went on far too long???? Smile

Posts: 3460 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: Jan 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wendek
posted Hide Post
I grew up with huge, live trees we got in the national forest for $2. Now I have a pre-lit fake tree and very happy with it, so no dropping needles or house fires here.

Posts: 4337 | Location: SF | Registered: Feb 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CER
posted Hide Post
That's the great thing about Chanukiahs...blow out the candles and stickum in a box. No fuss before or after really. Or anything to regret taking down.

Posts: 5713 | Location: Michiana | Registered: Mar 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Froo Froo
posted Hide Post
CER! Where have you been hiding? Who'd of thought it would take a Christmas thread to draw you out?! Wink Any who...welcome back, Happy New Year and all that jazz. How are the little ones, btw?

Posts: 18699 | Location: Right here, duh! ;) | Registered: Nov 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CER
posted Hide Post
Ahhh..the Froo. Still hanging in there I see. What drew me out was lack of control. So I'm here to spread sunshine.

Posts: 5713 | Location: Michiana | Registered: Mar 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CER
posted Hide Post
Oh, the boys...ADD for number one (my diagnosis, evident from ohhhhh, as a baby he couldn't sleep and went straight to walking waaaay to early) and complete Momma's boy syndrome for number two.
10 and 7 now.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: CER,

Picture of Lisa Ann
posted Hide Post
I put mine away a few days after Christmas. It takes me a while since I clean and move other decor around as I go. This year I have a new "toy" to play with so I was anxious to get it put away so I could get it in its spot and then get it decorated. Dh and the kids bought me an antique pie safe for Christmas. Also had to get things moved because we are building a garage on to the house and they were getting ready to put the doorway in in the hallway where I had the pie safe stored until I could get it into the dining room. I still have my Christmas wreath on the door though. Planning on changing it out for something more wintery tomorrow.

I am what I am because He is I AM!!!

Posts: 5714 | Registered: Jun 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Can we at least agree that THIS show went on far too long????

When I was in high school a male classmate took me to his house to see a Christmas tree that had been up a year! As I recall it was untrimmed and in its own room!

posted Hide Post
Been trying to catch up around here and have lots of thoughts from what's been posted.

Thanks, everyone. I got a new perspective on the process. I guess I should explain that what started me off was a post on another board where a poster said "it's bad enough I have to "put up" with my kids toys much less all this Christmas stuff around, away it goes." Sad.

Posts: 1972 | Location: Northern New Jersey | Registered: Mar 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sjf
posted Hide Post
right now looking at temps that are frigid, 9-10" of snow! yet some of the Christmas things are around like a cherished plate from my half sister (rip)a santa in with my dishes, and other pretties here and there, from the grands...

but darn it! we sure don't need the temps of the north pole!!

Posts: 8551 | Location: se mi | Registered: Sep 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well that explains it, jaysmom. You encountered a grinch!!!!!

posted Hide Post
I know this is a little late here but I just took things down on Saturday. My daughter's birthday was Sunday and I wanted the house clean for her birthday. I also like to separate Christmas from her b-day. However, the outside decorations are still up.

I love the decorations but I also love it when things are all put away and the furniture is moved back to it's normal spot and everything is clean.

Posts: 118 | Registered: Oct 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Forensicmom, I don't blame you at all for wanting to separate birthday from Christmas. It's a very good reason IMHO.
You're right, I guess my life of late is FILLED with Grinches. I'm "charged" at work with keeping the break room "seasonally appropriate."
So last week I took down all the Christmas things like the tree, etc. I left up the snowman fridge I had decorated and my vintage sled with a penguin and some snow. A few snowmen and snowflakes.
I came in yesterday morning to find out someone had ripped it all down and thrown it in a bunch in my office.
Guess someone thought that a snowman was Christmas.
So all you people out there remember to take down your snowflakes, put away your sled. Apparently, ice skates? no way, that's Christmas!
Oh, really? I'm so annoyed about the whole thing I'm ready to just hang up the flip flops and call it a day!
Meanwhile, back at home, I'm still enjoying my Christmas. Yes, the carolers in front of the church are complaining that's it's TOO cold!
And the guy in front of the tree keeps screaming "why I am still here?" So I guess I should start paring down a bit.
Meanwhile, it's about -17 degrees with the wind chill and I FEEL warmer with my lights all around.
Thanks, for letting me vent in this post.

Picture of Annon
posted Hide Post
That's too bad, Jaysmom. I'm sure you spend a lot of time, and probably your own money to make it a nice space for all. Don't let one person ruin it for you.

Posts: 3619 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Christmas Candy
posted Hide Post
Jaysmom, I can't believe someone would be so low as to do something like that!

Some people are just mean spirited.

I am taking down my Christmas and exchanging it for snowmen, snowflakes, and icicles, so that rotten person at your work just has a heart that is more than 2 sizes too small!

Don't let the turkey get you down.

I'm sure the rest of your co-workers appreciate your efforts.

Since my birthday is Christmas, I always had Christmas in the morning and birthday at night, but birthday presents were usually in Christmas paper, LOL. I don't mind. I share it with someone very important to humankind!!!

Candy

Posts: 1314 | Location: CO | Registered: Dec 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beau's Rose
posted Hide Post
Jaysmom,

The nerve of people taking down your decorations. Perhaps you should decorate your personal office (cubby) and play Frosty the Snowman. Enjoy your home and stay warm!

~Like sands through the hourglass
~So are the days of our lives

Posts: 9461 | Registered: Oct 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
BR, unfortunately, I have no choice. It is part of my job responsibilities to keep the break room "seasonally appropriate". I suppose I can start putting up Valentine's Day in a week or so but if the offending employee is not reprimanded for destroying the decorations, what's to stop them from deciding that Valentine's Day has to go on Feb. 15 and tear it down?
It's really hard coming up with ideas for each month. What does one do for April when Easter is in March? Of course, I can start Spring in March but then that leaves the stuff up until May when I can add red, white and blue for Memorial Day. And then can I leave it up until late June when we can decorate for summer? Or do I mix red, white & blue until the 4th of July and then do summer? Or will "someone" decide that they are sick of spring and tear it down leaving me to come with another idea.
The whole thing gives me a huge headache and if there was any way to weasel out of it I would.

posted Hide Post
Can you go to a supervisor or boss about what happened?

Tell them that you are hesitant to decorate again after what happened to your snowmen and flakes.

Strings

Friends divide our sorrows and multiply our joys.

Posts: 6309 | Registered: Sep 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, I'll try that again. I'm just being told to "get over it". I can't. Meanwhile, thanks again everyone. I've sort of taken this in a different direction. Time to start searching again for answers to my "seasonally appropriate" decorating and take some heavy duty headache pills!

Picture of anneyland
posted Hide Post
Well mine house is still fully decorated with Christmas. I am not ready to take it down. The season this year seemed rushed and short to me. My precious twin grand daughters were not able to come over and hang out with me before Christmas, so they didn't see my pretties...

They will be here this weekend and we are having Christmas!!

Keep your pretties up til YOU are ready to take them down. There are no rules to when or how you should decorate! Enjoy them...life is short!! Do what makes you happy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Psalm 37:4 Delight yourself also in the Lord and He will give you the desires and secret petitions of your heart.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 922 | Location: Longing for the beach | Registered: Jan 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of joyluck
posted Hide Post
Maybe a sign that says "keep your mitts off my snowman" would get the message across. Altho anyone who would do that has issues and perhaps needs a stronger message.

I think I'd be tempted to put up the winter decor again in the office and see what happens. Do you have an office newspaper in which you could place an article or could you send an email message to all staff that you are in charge of seasonal decor and would appreciate anyone discussing with you if they have suggestions?

Around here since my seasonal decor is pretty low-key this year and mostly winter oriented it's still up and may be for awhile. Makes me happy to plug in the tree every morning and enjoy it.

Lucky

"I have always had an aversion to the concepts of in style and out of style." ~Rose Tarlow

Inspirational pics: http://inspiration4u.shutterfly.com/

Posts: 12750 | Location: north of 50 in Canada zone3b | Registered: Feb 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Linda, I remember years ago when I lived on the first floor of a two floor house. The woman upstairs removed MY wreath from My back door into MY apt and threw it away! This was not the door into the building but my door.

I was really ticked off and I would have been if it happened on Valentines day!

Here's an evil thought. Maybe you could dust the edges of the decorations with some kind of hard to remove coating and leave blank spaces you know of, for you to handle the items. The culprit would then be readily apparent to everyone.

Picture of Sonny Dayz
posted Hide Post
::quote::Here's an evil thought. Maybe you could dust the edges of the decorations with some kind of hard to remove coating and leave blank spaces you know of, for you to handle the items. The culprit would then be readily apparent to everyone.::Quote::

oh Emily. we would get into such trouble with the ideas we'd come up with, if we lived close togetherSmile lol lol

to see my projects view my Blog.
http://155dreamlane.blogspot.com/

Posts: 9988 | Location: NC ~zone 7B | Registered: Jun 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can responsibility for the break room decor be considered a legitimate job duty? If so, then I'd expect my supervisor to send an office-wide email chastising the culprit and ordering him/her to cease and desist. If not, then I'd ask my supervisor to reconsider the whole matter. Perhaps it would be best not to decorate at all.