Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Decorating
Hop To Forums   General Decorating
  Autumn elements...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Autumn elements... Sign In/Join 
Picture of Froo Froo
posted
CROWS
PHEASANTS
ACORNS
LEAVES
BURLAP
PLAID
MOSS
GRASSES
CORN FLOWERS
INDIAN CORN
CANDY CORN
BIRCH BARK
LANTERNS/CANDLES
PUMPKINS
GOURDS
CATTAILS
SUNFLOWERS
BITTERSWEET
STRAW
SCARECROWS
PILGRIMS
INDIANS
FEATHERS
PODS
GRAPES
APPLES
DRIED ARTICHOKES
DRIED HYDRANGEA
YARROW
BRANCHES
MUMS
ORNAMENTAL CABBAGE
THISTLE
CRATES
BASKETS
CORNUCOPIA
FELT
RAFFIA
WHEAT
TURKEY
FLANNEL
PUMPKIN SEEDS
PINECONES
GERMAN STATUS
COPPER
BRONZE
PEWTER
SILVER
GOLD
AUTUMN HUES
BURLAP FLOWERS
DRIED FLOWERS
DRIED FRUITS
CHINESE LANTERN
LARKSPUR
NUTS
FALL ORNAMENTS
SQUIRRELS
DUSTY MILLER
BERRIES
AMBER

Certainly, you are not limited to the above elements nor the traditional colors of Autumn. For instance, feel free to use faux or real eggplants in a centerpiece or tablescape. Do not hesitate to use warm whites, creams, browns, greens or metallics too especially if they compliment your decor.

Posts: 18482 | Location: Right here, duh! ;) | Registered: Nov 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Indexlady
posted Hide Post
Froo, love this list. Thank you!

Posts: 4410 | Location: In the beautiful Tennessee Valley, between the Cumberland Plateau and the Great Smoky Mountains. | Registered: Jul 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Froo Froo
posted Hide Post
My pleasure, Indexlady. Feel free to add to it.

Posts: 18482 | Location: Right here, duh! ;) | Registered: Nov 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Froo Froo
posted Hide Post
Forgot to add...

CORN HUSKS

Picture of Georgia Peach
posted Hide Post
I'll add cotton bolls. Great list. Thank you Froo.

Posts: 2143 | Location: Zone 8b | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Froo Froo
posted Hide Post

Picture of Lisa Ann
posted Hide Post
My knew love is burlap so I plan on making a few burlap projects for fall. I've already made a large burlap wreath with sunflowers for the front door and a small burlap wreath for my kitchen that hangs on a small wreath stand.

BTW if you do pinterest there are lots of ideas on there for fall crafts.

I am what I am because He is I AM!!!

Posts: 5708 | Registered: Jun 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Froo Froo
posted Hide Post

Picture of Froo Froo
posted Hide Post

Picture of Froo Froo
posted Hide Post

Picture of Froo Froo
posted Hide Post

Picture of Froo Froo
posted Hide Post

Picture of Maine Lady
posted Hide Post
Froo, I always love your lists and links! Thank you!

One could also add pine cones and horse chestnuts to fall decor. Around here, turkey feathers are used instead of pheasant. Smile

Maine Lady

Posts: 5723 | Location: Maine | Registered: Jan 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post