Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Decorating
Hop To Forums   General Decorating
  the choice of artistic expression
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

the choice of artistic expression Sign In/Join 
Picture of lady of shallot
posted
We probably all have some outlet for artistic expression, whether we think we are all thumbs or not. Some of us of course have a stronger inclination to paint, sing, play, decorate than others.

My DGS has known since the age of about 8 that he wanted to be a movie director. That knowledge that young is a real gift given.

This is a link to a film he made for his AP English class.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ie1G3FKcrKM

He spent the entire Memorial day weekend closeted in our attic here, editing this.

The girl in the film, last performance was Peter, in the school play "Peter Pan"

He has gone back to work now on a feature length film he wrote. Actors are all school friends.

He is 17 and intends to go to film school

This message has been edited. Last edited by: lady of shallot,

Posts: 12227 | Registered: Jun 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hammerhugger
posted Hide Post
I read the storyline too and although it was, as the article said, a little creepy, the fact that your 17 year old son edited it is very impressive!

My mind is a garden. My thoughts are the seeds. My harvest will be either flower or weeds.
--Mel Weldon

Posts: 5561 | Location: Arizona, in the valley | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My grandson did all of the movie making but the acting. He directed, got the cast/costumes, (blood) Got the music, credits etc. and of course did the editing too.

He is most fortunate to live in a town that has a film center.

The story itself is one they read for school.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: lady of shallot,

Picture of Indexlady
posted Hide Post
You must be very happy!

Big Grin

Posts: 4410 | Location: In the beautiful Tennessee Valley, between the Cumberland Plateau and the Great Smoky Mountains. | Registered: Jul 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm proud of him because he is so dedicated and I do believe he will be very successful.

He is making a full length movie which he wrote. He has filmed "monty python's the holy grail", a black and white version of the "tell tale Heart"

A film from of the poem "Breakfast"
His paychecks are from film and he also has had some free lance work.

Sketch of him by his grandpa