Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Decorating
Hop To Forums   General Decorating
  Will this table work in this room?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Will this table work in this room? Sign In/Join 
Picture of lilsophie
posted
I showed this table I bought at the HH store on MMF this week.
Do you all think it will work in my guest room? I got a few posters that said it would painted white.
I like that idea of it painted white I think. If you think the table will work in the space. What color would you suggest if not white.
I could sit the table in front of the window in the space.

I have 2 photos.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: lilsophie,

my pictures

Posts: 4590 | Location: Southern California | Registered: Oct 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lilsophie
posted Hide Post
next photo

my pictures

Posts: 4590 | Location: Southern California | Registered: Oct 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lady of shallot
posted Hide Post
It looks very small, lilsophie but that might just be because of what it is in front of.

I would paint it the background color of the fabric.

Posts: 12226 | Registered: Jun 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of annie17
posted Hide Post
Could you place it in front of the window and let us see? I'm guessing it would look great in there. Pale aqua, maybe?

Posts: 7975 | Registered: Jul 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lilsophie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lady of shallot:
It looks very small, lilsophie but that might just be because of what it is in front of.

I would paint it the background color of the fabric.

LOS, I have too thought of painting it the background color,. It's such a pretty shade.

Picture of lilsophie
posted Hide Post
Ok, here is a pic of the table in front of the window. As you can see this is a very small guest room.

my pictures

Picture of Mary Ruth
posted Hide Post
I think it is so small for the space, and what would be its purpose not holding much? Anything you put on top would be in the way of the shutters opening, etc.

IF you do want to use it, WHITE is my reply as well!

Posts: 9535 | Location: East Space Coast, Florida zone 9B | Registered: Feb 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lilsophie
posted Hide Post
Ok Mary Ruth. I understand what you are saying. Hmmm what am I going to do with this table now that I have it. I haven't a clue LOL

Maybe up for sale on my driveway. LOL

Or I could paint it with outdoor paint. And use it as a side table next to my outdoor furniture. Hmmm, that's a thought!!!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: lilsophie,

Picture of annie17
posted Hide Post
Do you open the actual shutters a lot or just the slats. I would use it for a nice sized plant with some books or magazines on the bottom shelf.

Picture of lilsophie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by annie17:
Do you open the actual shutters a lot or just the slats. I would use it for a nice sized plant with some books or magazines on the bottom shelf.

No don't really open the shutter, if I do it's just a tiny bit. There is too much sun that comes in that window, for them to be wide open.
Your idea of the plant is a good one Annie. And magazines, we gotta have those. And I have plenty for guests to look through Smile

posted Hide Post
You could put it in the guest or any bathroom in the house to hold towels or other accessories. It's a cute table.

Posts: 3058 | Location: Michigan and sw Florida | Registered: May 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lilsophie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mamaspoon:
You could put it in the guest or any bathroom in the house to hold towels or other accessories. It's a cute table.

Sounds like a cute idea Mamaspoon. I would love to do that. But both of my bathrooms are small, unfortunately...sigh
I have a small house, another sigh.

posted Hide Post
I echo a pretty plant with something below....figurine, books, magazines, basket...whatever you have around the house.

love life

Posts: 1435 | Location: omaha, ne U.S.A. | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have that exact same table in a guest room. I painted it sage green. I like the idea of painting it the color of your headboard. I think it would be a cute little addition.

Posts: 4027 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: Dec 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of annie17
posted Hide Post
Ah, there you go lilsophie and the color is perfect!

Picture of lilsophie
posted Hide Post
May, thank you for the great suggestions for the table. Smile

Nitalynn, that is the same table Smile
I'm loving the look of it painted in green. It looks so cute.
I'm thinking of doing mine in Aqua maybe. Still thinking on it Smile

Picture of DeadMarilyn
posted Hide Post
It' to small for the space.

Posts: 198 | Registered: Aug 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of WWanda
posted Hide Post
I think it's cute and the size is perfect and it will look nice painted aqua, but I don't know what purpose it will serve? Do you really need something there? Just asking Smile

Wanda

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Feb 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lilsophie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WWanda:
I think it's cute and the size is perfect and it will look nice painted aqua, but I don't know what purpose it will serve? Do you really need something there? Just asking Smile

Wanda, No I don't need anything there. I was at the Habitat store one day. And it was only $10 bucks so I bought it. I thought it was cute.
I'm trying to find a place for it. But if I can't I will re-sale it I guess.

Picture of CaraRose
posted Hide Post
I vote for painting it aqua and using it under that window in the bedroom! Cute lil table. Enjoy it...

Posts: 525 | Registered: Jul 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lilsophie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CaraRose:
I vote for painting it aqua and using it under that window in the bedroom! Cute lil table. Enjoy it...

Thx Cara. I will have the paint matched to the aqua in the fabric. Makes picking paint so much easier Smile

Picture of Trudi
posted Hide Post
Are my eyes deceiving me or are your dresser drawers already a similar color to your headboard background? If so, is the color of the flower stems (headboard) brown or black? I'm kinda leaning in a different direction, but then I usually do.

Posts: 2042 | Location: N.C. | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Trudi
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Trudi:
Are my eyes deceiving me or are your dresser drawers already a similar color to your headboard background? If so, is the color of the flower stems (headboard) brown or black? I'm kinda leaning in a different direction, but then I usually do.
Ooops, I saw in another pic that the drawers are mirrored. Love the room, and if you want a touch of lavender, well...... I told you I lean in a different direction. Big Grin

Posts: 2042 | Location: N.C. | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jovtfam4
posted Hide Post
Too small? Maybe if you had a chair next to it. Wouldn't a bench be pretty at the end of the bed?

Posts: 3363 | Registered: May 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lilsophie
posted Hide Post
Trudi, yes your right it is a mirrored. Smile

I take it you like the Aqua direction? Happy to hear you like the room.

Jov, don't think we have the space for a chair next to the table. It's a very tight space. I like that idea though. I do like the idea of a bench though...hmmm may look into that Smile

Picture of Trudi
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by lilsophie:
Trudi, yes your right it is a mirrored. Smile

I take it you like the Aqua direction? Happy to hear you like the room.

QUOTE] I saw in another post that you wanted a lavender pillow, so I was thinking lavender (probably since I'm on a lavender/purple kick lately) but also like the idea of aqua.