Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Decorating
Hop To Forums   General Decorating
  Cute idea to share
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cute idea to share Sign In/Join 
Picture of junk collector
posted
Don't have photos, but while at the indoor flea today I saw some really cute ideas. One vendor had taken old (rusty and well used) Radio Flyer wagon beds - wheels and axles gone - and had added old wood to make shelving units. Really cute for the porch or garden shed. You could add grommet holes to hold hand tools if you wanted. Very clever idea and I really liked the upcyle of the wagon bed.

Also saw a beautiful paint job on an old Duncan phyfe style dining table. I've seen so many poorly done paint jobs on these I've lost count. This was really stylish in a dusty/slate blue with stencils. All feet had the caps too. Pretty.

Posts: 3276 | Registered: Aug 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lilsophie
posted Hide Post
The wagon sounds adorable. Wish there was a picture to see of it. Maybe if I go to pinterest I can find something similar. We shall see Smile

Posts: 4717 | Location: Southern California | Registered: Oct 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of junk collector
posted Hide Post
Juxtapost has a good photo. How did we manage before Google?

Posts: 3276 | Registered: Aug 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Annett
posted Hide Post
Dusty blue on a Duncan Phyfe sounds perfect, and I never would have thought of it myself ---thank you! Smile

Posts: 1433 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: Nov 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post