HGTV Message Boards
esalerugs.com?

This topic can be found at:
http://boards.hgtv.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1634079532/m/1343993967

Apr 02, 2013, 09:34 AM
PomMom42
esalerugs.com?
Hello all -- I've been out of commission for awhile - still lurk occassionaly - hope everyone is well!

I'm looking at online rug dealers -- retail stores are too darned expensive! -- and esalerugs keeps popping up. They are a "Google recognized" store -- whatever that means.

Thier prices are borderline OK. Does anyone have any expereince with them?

Appreciate any feedback!
Apr 02, 2013, 11:30 AM
Graciepj
Sorry, I don't have any experience with them. The only online rug store I've purchased from is theperfectrug. The only negative I have is that the delivery is by a freight forwarder who basically drops your rug at your curb.
Apr 02, 2013, 02:47 PM
annie17
I haven't used them either but I've noticed several bloggers have mentioned buying rugs from them. Of course if they are getting advertising **$ from the company they are also likely getting better service too.

Apr 04, 2013, 05:33 PM
PomMom42
Annie and Gracie -- thanks for the feedback!

Annie, which bloogers have mentioned them (I'm so not to up-to-date on those!)

Smile
Apr 04, 2013, 06:27 PM
Cavin
Are there any rug stores in your town? If you can see the rugs IRL you will have a much better chance of finding what you want. Don't get me wrong, I order rugs online a lot, but I have a working relationship with a couple of sites and they offer me free shipping and no hassle returns because of the volume I order. Rugs are heavy and very expensive to ship back if you don't like what you receive. On the other hand, if you have seen the rug IRL and know it's the right colors, then ordering is a good way to go, especially if you get a good price. I'm partial to www.rugsgalore.com and www.rugs-direct.com.
Apr 05, 2013, 09:38 AM
sjf
what type of rug are you looking for? once a year costco has some lovely orientalsfor sale and often homegoods carries a few...
Apr 05, 2013, 03:46 PM
PomMom42
quote:
Originally posted by Cavin:
Are there any rug stores in your town? www.rugsgalore.com and www.rugs-direct.com.

Thanks for the info, Cavin. I live in a major metro area, and there really aren't many good rug stores. They tend to be aggressive, high mark-up stores. I've also noticed that most stores are very wise to "lookers" who then go buy a rug online. They tend to cover up the manufacturer info, etc. Or they are stacked and very hard to sort/look through.

It's such a hassles that I htink it's worth risking shipping charges, etc. if I need to return.

Again, I appreciate the good info!