Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Decorating
Hop To Forums   General Decorating
  I'm back.....with the bar wall again! lol
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I'm back.....with the bar wall again! lol Sign In/Join 
Picture of Hammerhugger
posted
This time I think I got it right. If you recall it was light green, then black. I had planned on putting up frames to give the wall some architecture, painted the same as the walls but now I think I might not need it, it might look cluttered......what do you think. As you can see, I did a faux finish. I forgot to put the outlet covers on too before I posted this pic but will get that done.

My mind is a garden. My thoughts are the seeds. My harvest will be either flower or weeds.
--Mel Weldon

Posts: 5564 | Location: Arizona, in the valley | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of junk collector
posted Hide Post
Ooh! I like that! What was the faux technique? It blends with the kitchen behind it but still stands out. Great job!

Posts: 3285 | Registered: Aug 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hammerhugger
posted Hide Post
The faux technique was light gold underneath, glaze with brown paint ragged off or kind of sponged off with a rag. Glad you like it!

My mind is a garden. My thoughts are the seeds. My harvest will be either flower or weeds.
--Mel Weldon

Posts: 5564 | Location: Arizona, in the valley | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of junk collector
posted Hide Post
It looks like suede and gives a visual texture to the space. Glad you found a solution.

Posts: 3285 | Registered: Aug 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Grapefruit
posted Hide Post
That looks MUCH better!!!! Good job!

Posts: 3171 | Location: central PA | Registered: Jan 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lady of shallot
posted Hide Post
It looks really good. Blends in with the cabinetry and you did a great job on the faux finish!

Posts: 12680 | Registered: Jun 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary Ruth
posted Hide Post
Why didn't YOU MENTION you had TALENT with the faux finish... girl?

LOVE it! and the finish provides something different! GREAT JOB!

Posts: 9741 | Location: East Space Coast, Florida zone 9B | Registered: Feb 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Agreed! This finish works with your colors. Good job!

Posts: 4099 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: Dec 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lilsophie
posted Hide Post
Nice change, it looks great Smile

Posts: 4747 | Location: Southern California | Registered: Oct 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beau's Rose
posted Hide Post
Love the new paint finish for the bar. It works nice with the rug colors peeking into the picture.

~Like sands through the hourglass
~So are the days of our lives

Posts: 9450 | Registered: Oct 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hammerhugger
posted Hide Post
Thank you all.......you know how it is, you do something and then you sit back and think "that is not exactly right".

Lady, that was my goal, to blend with the cabinetry.

Mary Ruth, I have done faux painting before but it was a long time ago. Wasn't sure I could still remember how to do it. I did paint stripes and did faux painting in a dining room I had before I moved here but that was more subtle. The darker stripes are where I did the faux painting. Everyone thought it was wallpaper.

--Mel Weldon

Picture of Mary Ruth
posted Hide Post
BEAUTIFUL WORK on your foyer! LOVE IT!

That really made the entrance so elegant, and it truly does look like wallpaper!

There is definitely TALENT there! Good technique and so neat!!!

Posts: 9741 | Location: East Space Coast, Florida zone 9B | Registered: Feb 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post