Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Decorating
Hop To Forums   General Decorating
  Monday Morning Finds 6-23-14
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Monday Morning Finds 6-23-14 Sign In/Join 
Picture of Skyler
posted
Good Morning decorating friends!

If you aren't familiar with this thread, it's where we share our recent and/or favorite items we've uncovered. Goodies may be old, new or anywhere in between. We always love to hear prices too.

Okay, let's see all those treasures Smile

Posts: 10550 | Location: Southern California | Registered: Jun 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Linderhof
posted Hide Post
One find. I do needlepoint but am always on the lookout for truly old needlepoint. I found this pillow cover at a new flea market in the town east of us.

Posts: 6385 | Location: On the prairie of Kansas | Registered: Dec 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Linderhof
posted Hide Post
I think it looks good in the chair in the living room.

Martha

Posts: 6385 | Location: On the prairie of Kansas | Registered: Dec 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Skyler
posted Hide Post
Martha, I agree that it looks great on the chair. Perfect size and shape. It's very pretty too.

I bet you love that there's a new flea market in town Smile

Posts: 10550 | Location: Southern California | Registered: Jun 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That pillow looks perfect on that chair. Good find!

Posts: 2049 | Registered: Aug 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Linderhof
posted Hide Post
I do!

Martha

Picture of lady of shallot
posted Hide Post
Martha, I share your love of needlepoint. . . not doing it, buying objects that have been done by others.

It is a rare treat to find these items and the new pillow does match very well with the chair.

I started a separate thread on the new lamp we bought a week ago for our living room, but have two other finds.

First is this table we got at the transfer station, not from the swap shop which is where this should have been, but found it standing near the wood debris section.

It is a wonderful height for potting plants and will be useful for those times we want to grill outside.

Posts: 13131 | Registered: Jun 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
this is the leather trimmed canvas mail bag I found in the swap shop last week.

Rather this is like the one I found. Mine was cleaned too aggressively (by me) and I decided to pass it on. But oh, my I would have loved it

This message has been edited. Last edited by: lady of shallot,

posted Hide Post
We went to a nearby yard sale Friday. As luck would have it it was held at one of my favorite houses.

Hope my pic is clear enough that you can see the ocean is at the end of the street. And see the tennis court to the right? This is a nice neighborhood. Too bad the sale wasn't inside as I would have loved to have seen that house.

posted Hide Post
Hope this is better. See the lighthouse?

Picture of Christmas Candy
posted Hide Post
Martha, that is a beautiful pillow! It looks like a comfy chair too!

LOS, I love that table and would have grabbed it in a heartbeat! It is perfect for a potting table! I don't understand why you gave up the mailbag if you would have loved it?

My youngest DD needed some extra storage in her office/craft room.
I found this entertainment center at the ARC Thrift Store on senior day = 50% off $59.99 = $29.99!!! It was the 2 towers and the bridge. She already had the desk. She will probably put some attractive paper behind the glass to hide all the "stuff" inside, LOL.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

It was in great shape, just a couple of scratches to touch up.

I also found a oil painting copy at a garage sale for .50c

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

At the same GS I also bought a round wooden lazy susan for .50C. They come in handy for picnic tables and frosting cakes.

TTFN,
Candy

Posts: 1330 | Location: CO | Registered: Dec 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Linderhof
posted Hide Post
Candy -- you always find neat stuff! That's a great picture and what a neat storage solution for you DD.

Martha

posted Hide Post
candy that is a fairly famous picture. Velasquez I think and of the Infanta.

Oh, I ruined the bag by soaking it in bleach. The leather fell apart but that is o.k. as it was so soiled it could not have been used as was. What a wonderful bag though!

Picture of Grapefruit
posted Hide Post
LOS, that is a great table and a good use for it! I , too, would love to visit homes in that beautiful neighborhood.
CC....I never even think to look at pictures in the thrift stores! You found a gem!

Posts: 3276 | Location: central PA | Registered: Jan 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Skyler
posted Hide Post
LOS, great looking table. It looks sturdy. Great height too. The bag is nice as well. Sorry to hear about your bag.

I can see why that house is one of your favorites. I bet they have fantastic views inside. Maybe they'll move and hold an open house so you can see the inside Wink

Wow CC, that's a steal of a deal on the entertainment center. Nice looking print. Looks like you had a successful hunt!

Picture of Mary Ruth
posted Hide Post
Martha,
I like that needlepoint pillow! Goes so well with that chair too!

los,
Nice table, it looks sturdy and can be used for anything!
Too bad about the mail bag not lasting through the clean up...

Nice view to the ocean, I used to drive to a client's house on a very similar street, after the appointment, I sat by the water to do the paperwork and call in to the office... NICE fresh air! (where I was ... the Cheasepeake Bay)

Christmas Candy,
How wonderful that the cabinet fit around the desk! great extra storage.

Very nice painting you found at a garage sale and for only 50 cents!

As for ME:
Some medical routine prep & testing this week, so threw me off for thrifting... but I LOVE seeing all the FINDS here!

Great weather here.
I am trying to adopt a small dog that needs rescue... hard when they go to someone else... but another in que and will keep going until an adoption 'clicks'. I am working through a dog training business & rescue center with connections to local owners who no longer can care for a dog under 20 lbs. I put in for a pair of brothers 3 weeks ago, but was not chosen. So, we'll see what comes my way! I would rather adopt in this area since there are so many who's owners can no longer care for them due to medical or downsizing...

Thank you so much Skyler for hosting this great MMF's thread! I loved seeing everyone's FINDS!!!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mary Ruth,

Posts: 9818 | Location: East Space Coast, Florida zone 9B | Registered: Feb 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Christmas Candy
posted Hide Post
MR, Good Luck on your dog quest!
I hope the medical issues are all OK.

The towers by the desk are individual and the bridge over the top just sits on there, so it can be adjusted to fit from narrow to wide.
I could not believe what a nice piece of furniture it was for the price! It has crown molding and corbels at the top, solid wood, not laminate, and a beautiful finish. I was so excited for my DD as I knew she needed something for storage, but at a good price. This was above and beyond what I was searching for, especially the price!!

TTFN,
Candy

Posts: 1330 | Location: CO | Registered: Dec 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Linderhof
posted Hide Post
MR -- our two are rescues -- of course, Doogie (the rat terrier type) was dropped in our fenced back yard . . . so I guess someone chose us.

There are so many dogs that need homes -- you'll have to share your new pet when you get it!

Martha

Picture of Mary Ruth
posted Hide Post
Thanks Christmas Candy and Martha!

I meet the sheltie currently offered on Sunday... so she might be my next MMF's post!

Posts: 9818 | Location: East Space Coast, Florida zone 9B | Registered: Feb 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Skyler
posted Hide Post
Hi Mary Ruth, thanks for checking in ( I worry when I don't see you here every week Wink

Good for you on the rescue efforts. I volunteer for an animal rescue (cats) so I know how much of a need there is for adoptions. Hope to see your new "find" soon!

Picture of Mary Ruth
posted Hide Post
Skyler, how sweet!