Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Decorating
Hop To Forums   General Decorating
  Fall front porch 2013
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fall front porch 2013 Sign In/Join 
posted
I tweaked my front porch some more this year...I removed the scarecrows, and added twice as many cornstalks, straw bales, and pumpkins. I'm going to show four pics total...three from today and one from last year to compare.

Posts: 4111 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: Dec 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here's a night shot.

Posts: 4111 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: Dec 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A farther away shot, showing my lighted cats.

posted Hide Post
And last year's.

Picture of lilsophie
posted Hide Post
Nita, your front porch looks Fabulous!!! Love it, it's just so inviting. Love your front door. Smile

Posts: 4753 | Location: Southern California | Registered: Oct 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Froo Froo
posted Hide Post
As a fan of lighting, I especially LOVE your after dark glow. It's seasonally warm and welcoming.

Posts: 18713 | Location: Right here, duh! ;) | Registered: Nov 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Skyler
posted Hide Post
Wowser! It looks fantastic! I agree with Froo that the lighted picture is wonderful. Both porches are nice but I really like the changes you made to this years.

I bet you'll have plenty of Trick or Treaters at your place.

Posts: 10511 | Location: Southern California | Registered: Jun 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you, ladies! I like the way it turned out.

Picture of lady of shallot
posted Hide Post
Love it Nitalynn esp the use of the corn stalks and the many pumpkins! I find I switch things around after the first set up. do you do that too or is it set,

I also like the bales of hay.

Posts: 12880 | Registered: Jun 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of crayon
posted Hide Post
Wow! That is absolutely beautiful!

Are those terra cotta pots that you painted white?

Posts: 3617 | Registered: Mar 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Emily and Crayon! Emily, I had done it the same way for a couple of years, so it was time to mix it up! I also have probably been spending too much time on pinterest-lol!

Crayon - No, they are white clay pots - kind of hard to find and more expensive than terra cotta clay. I have had them for a long time.

Picture of aychihuahua
posted Hide Post
Spook-tacular, Nita.

Posts: 5325 | Registered: Jul 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary Ruth
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by aychihuahua:
Spook-tacular, Nita.

LOVE the photo in the evening! Looks great, love it all! Smile

Posts: 9792 | Location: East Space Coast, Florida zone 9B | Registered: Feb 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks great! I have some corn stalks, hay bails, and pumpkins in my front yard but I think I need to add some Halloween decorations soon!

Posts: 21 | Location: Connecticut | Registered: Aug 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of WWanda
posted Hide Post
It looks really nice! I love the lighted topiaries the best.

Wanda

Posts: 4866 | Registered: Feb 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beau's Rose
posted Hide Post
Nitalynn,

It looks like a perfect fall porch! Love the decor and your evening photo.

~Like sands through the hourglass
~So are the days of our lives

Posts: 9463 | Registered: Oct 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Georgia Peach
posted Hide Post
Very pretty for Fall.

Posts: 2269 | Location: Coastal Plain Region ~~ Georgia ~~ Zone 8b | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Linderhof
posted Hide Post
Lovely porch and I do like this year's better without the scarecrows! At the first shot, I thought it was from Martha Stewart that was your inspiration for your decorating and then I realized it WAS your decorating!

Martha

Posts: 6142 | Location: On the prairie of Kansas | Registered: Dec 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It looks terrific! I like this version better too.

Thanks for sharing.

Strings

Friends divide our sorrows and multiply our joys.

Posts: 6323 | Registered: Sep 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oops - I'm a little behind on my thank-yous, but you all KNOW I appreciate your kind comments! But Martha, yours is totally cracking me up - Martha Stewart, hahahaha!

Picture of Lisa Ann
posted Hide Post
Oh wow! It is gorgeous Nitalynn. Love all your pumpkins.

I am what I am because He is I AM!!!

Posts: 5715 | Registered: Jun 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post