Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Shows
Hop To Forums   Holmes on Homes
  RE: Serious Problems with work done on house
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

RE: Serious Problems with work done on house Sign In/Join 
posted
Dear Mr Holmes,
We have spent almost a 100,000 on our house the new roof leaks, The new water softener has never worked they refused to take it out and put a new one in. We paid for a Geo Thermal System and it keeps breaking down our electric bill still is like 750 a month with all energy star appliances plus lights without a water softener that works it has ruined the only working shower tub in the house it has messed up the new dishwasher and washing machine. The roof leaks in our bedroom nice having a new roof huh lol it has damaged the wall we have had it snowing in our bedroom. I worry since the well water has damaged all the plumbing fixtures in our house what does it do to the younger kids skin when they bath. We also have asbestos in the basement and we found a lovely surprise when the house was bought we found out the people that had been living in this house was arrested for making meth so does that get into walls we have all had health issues since we bought this house we suffer from migraines sinus problems notice moodiness in the kids and they complain of head aches can all of this cause the kind of health problems we are suffering from? We need help with this house it is the money pit and we fell into it. We can't sell it because of all the work that needs done inside the house by the time everything is said and done we will have I'm sure 200,000 into this house and it really is not worth the head ache we are all going through I don't know if we can ever make this house a home for our family.

Sincerely,
G Thompson

Posts: 1 | Location: OH | Registered: Jan 29, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sparky
posted Hide Post
Holmes doesn't post here and doesn't read them. I hate to say this but no one from HGTV or DIY is going to come to your rescue.

General Disclaimer

Any advice given here is general in nature and is not necessarily valid for your given area. If in doubt check with your local codes enforcement department for what is required when doing electrical, plumbing or structural work on your house. Permits may or may not be required in your area and home owners may not be able to DIY some tasks. I have no way of knowing if you have the skills needed to complete the tasks you are asking about, when in doubt seek professional assistance.

My advice may be worth exactly what you pay me for it. :-) For the record I did not stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Posts: 6941 | Location: Cary, North Carolina | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post