Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Shows
Hop To Forums   Holmes on Homes
  Vinyl siding
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vinyl siding Sign In/Join 
posted
I recently (less then two months ago) had vinyl siding placed on my house. It has rained a lot around here (Massachusetts) since that time. I noticed, in some of the unfinished areas of the house, water coming into my house. Not just a little but a significant amount. I have also noticed streaks forming down the house. I had gutters but he informed me that this was my problem and why I needed new plywood all around the house, so I should get rid of it. Also water coming into the conduit of my electric main.

The contractor came by and of course gave me a laundry list as to what I have to do to correct the problems. Including him jerry rigging an extended rain drip, for FREE, to eliminate the streaks or me buying new gutters, and washing the streaks myself. He placed caulking between the siding and the metal (not sure on the name) where it joins.

He fixed the leak into the electric main. He stopped water from getting in two of the places where water was getting in but during the last rains, June 6 and 7, in one of those areas water was just FLOWING into the house.

Anyone have any advice. Please!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Drew63,

Posts: 1 | Registered: Jun 09, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post