HGTV Message Boards
Make It Right - New Mike Holmes

This topic can be found at:
http://boards.hgtv.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1581061534/m/1003932367

Sep 22, 2012, 10:28 PM
Susan, jwdcreations
Make It Right - New Mike Holmes
According to Mike Holmes, his new show 'Make It Right' is starting in Canada the middle of October and here in 2013. According to TV Guide & Dish Guide - there isn't any of Mike's shows scheduled for the near future.

I won't be watching HGTV til they bring Mike back!! At least I have my dvds & dvr recordings.
Sep 24, 2012, 03:29 PM
doodles64
Susan, I know you're Mike's biggest fan and I have nothing against him - just glad he's going to give it a rest for awhile. Now, if we could just get Property Brothers and Love it Or List it to go on a slow boat to China and put some actual intelligent design shows back on I'd be a happy camper. Big Grin
Sep 24, 2012, 10:24 PM
Susan, jwdcreations
He's not the one giving it a rest - HGTV is. He's as busy as ever in Canada.
Oct 01, 2012, 12:19 AM
Meema71
I am very disappointed in the shows they are replacing my favorite shows with and now I understand my very favorite Holmes on Homes is not going to be on. Hoping I won't have to find a new channel to watch this long cold winter.
Oct 01, 2012, 10:34 PM
Susan, jwdcreations
HOH episodes are one DIY at 8/7 central most nights. Feeding my habit!
Nov 09, 2012, 06:29 PM
Meema71
I* still am not watching anything on HGTV and have found some shows I like. I won't be back until Mike is and also Scott and that may be never. Sure wish we could get him in Canada.
Aug 31, 2013, 09:56 PM
Softballumpire
quote:
Originally posted by Susan, jwdcreations:
HOH episodes are one DIY at 8/7 central most nights. Feeding my habit!
Yet many of us don't have access to that channel without paying more.
Sep 03, 2013, 02:48 PM
Sparky
Unfortunately the CATV companies are bundling that into the digital tier so if you only have basic or expanded basic you don't get the channel.

There isn't a huge difference between HGTV and DIY these days. DIY tends to have more "crasher" type programs while HGTV has more House Hunters and LIOLI shows. Neither one has much actual useful DIY information on them.

General Disclaimer

Any advice given here is general in nature and is not necessarily valid for your given area. If in doubt check with your local codes enforcement department for what is required when doing electrical, plumbing or structural work on your house. Permits may or may not be required in your area and home owners may not be able to DIY some tasks. I have no way of knowing if you have the skills needed to complete the tasks you are asking about, when in doubt seek professional assistance.

I am not an employee of HGTV, nor is anyone else that posts here.

My advice may be worth exactly what you pay me for it. :-) For the record I did not stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night.