Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Shows
Hop To Forums   HGTV Design Star
  Danielle Colding
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Danielle Colding Sign In/Join 
posted
Does anyone know what happened to the winner of season 7 of Design Star, Danille Colding? She had 6 episodes, shown in three weeks. Other than a Christmas special, she hasnt been seen again. Why? No other DS winner has had so few episodes. What's going on HGTV? Surely one of those hours given to LOVE IT OR LIST IT could be given to some other show for a while!

Also, can you keep REHAB ADDICT. Enough with the real estate shows!

Posts: 10 | Registered: Aug 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is one of the reasons for my waning interest in this show (besides the fact they need new judges). It is fine as a contest show, they should just give the winner a cash prize and be done with it.

Posts: 1784 | Location: Morristown | Registered: Jun 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mriley
posted Hide Post
I agree with you, Charles. The winners certainly do not get very much show time. Maybe they gain from the exposure. It would be nice to hear from some of the winners and other contestants as to what they gained from appearing on the Design Star show. Did they consider it time well spent.

Posts: 1492 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Aug 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mriley:
I agree with you, Charles. The winners certainly do not get very much show time. Maybe they gain from the exposure. It would be nice to hear from some of the winners and other contestants as to what they gained from appearing on the Design Star show. Did they consider it time well spent.

I can tell you that Blanche Garcia who is from my area is a very good and respected designer. She was the first to be eliminated two seasons back(sorry judges but being a good designer has nothing to do with hanging your own wallpaper) and now she's on Hotel Impossible.I think the exposure is good no matter what.

Posts: 1784 | Location: Morristown | Registered: Jun 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't get it! I missed the new show by Danielle Colding and was looking forward to it. Now, I can't find the only two that were aired. I don't understand why your network bothers to have a Design Star if the shows don't air and are not supported. Use the talent you have cultivated. Also, so so so so so very tired of the contrived, phony Love it or List it. Please lose it!

Posts: 1 | Registered: Aug 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post