Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Shows
Hop To Forums   HGTV Design Star
  Last Season I watch Design Star
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Last Season I watch Design Star Sign In/Join 
posted
HGTV's Design Star and the U.S. Presidency have something in common: they both peaked in their first season Smile Seriously, this season was a tremendous disappointment; I still can't think of a good reason to tune in to Tiffany's new show. Meg was a let down of a winner last year; and so I was hoping the show might correct itself. But alas. Brooks was intriguing and uber-artistic, and Jerebai creative and able. Anne was a bore, not sure why she was fan-fave; but I noticed Tiffany the winner was 5th in the voting. Which begs the question: why doesn't HGTV listen to the fans? This is a reality show after all, isn't it? I'm just not sure what they're thinking, but I can wager I guess they're not thinking with me in mind, or my wife. So I think we'll do them a favor and stop watching this increasingly lame competition where the one to emerge as winner is increasingly bland and uninteresting. My prediction: Tiffany's show is cancelled inside of 3 seasons.

Jschatz

Posts: 2 | Registered: Jul 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My prediction: Tiffany will be extremely fortunate to score 3 episodes - not seasons.

IMHO, that's why they never mentioned (IIRC) a show contract this year.

Posts: 449 | Registered: Dec 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
More pessimistic than even I Smile Not familiar with the designations: IMHO and IIRC; can you translate those for me?

thnx
J

Jschatz

Posts: 2 | Registered: Jul 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bimmy56
posted Hide Post
Danielle was last season's winner, Meg the year before. In retrospect, Danielle and Tiffany's designs seem quite similar. The fan voting occurred AFTER the season was already shot - so it would not have affected the outcome.

Personally, I was hoping for Jerebai. We have not had a male winner since Antonio (wince!)

Posts: 60 | Registered: Jul 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
IMHO = in my humble opinion

IIRC = something like, as I recall

I do wish people would use words instead of these abbreviations. They hurt my head Smile

Posts: 6720 | Location: North MN & Northern AR | Registered: Oct 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The fan voting is for "fan favorite" and usually a webisode or two.

Personally, I believe they're more interested in serving stockholders than loyal fans.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: AguaBella,

Posts: 449 | Registered: Dec 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CorvetteLady
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jschatzle:
HGTV's Design Star and the U.S. Presidency have something in common: they both peaked in their first season Smile Seriously, this season was a tremendous disappointment; I still can't think of a good reason to tune in to Tiffany's new show. Meg was a let down of a winner last year; and so I was hoping the show might correct itself. But alas. Brooks was intriguing and uber-artistic, and Jerebai creative and able. Anne was a bore, not sure why she was fan-fave; but I noticed Tiffany the winner was 5th in the voting. Which begs the question: why doesn't HGTV listen to the fans? This is a reality show after all, isn't it? I'm just not sure what they're thinking, but I can wager I guess they're not thinking with me in mind, or my wife. So I think we'll do them a favor and stop watching this increasingly lame competition where the one to emerge as winner is increasingly bland and uninteresting. My prediction: Tiffany's show is cancelled inside of 3 seasons.

HGTV Star was taped several months ago. The winner has already been chosen before the first episode airs.

Last years winner was Danielle, I think she got 5 shows. Meg won sesaon 6 and had 2 seasons. HGTV doesn't seem to support these shows.

The fan favorite wins a web show.

Posts: 537 | Registered: Aug 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post