Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Shows
Hop To Forums   HGTV Design Star
  Meg's Room 8/11
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Meg's Room 8/11 Sign In/Join 
Picture of mriley
posted
Watched Meg's show last night. It was a little bright for my taste, but it was just what she and her husband liked. This episode showed what could be done with a space that you do not own. It was good that it showed what could be done to make a space your own without extensive remodeling.

I liked the backing on the bookshelves. Also liked that they told how to update the fireplace in a way that could be restored to its original design when they moved. It is good to know you can do something besides paint when you are renting.

Posts: 1464 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Aug 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The color Meg used is the Pantone color of the year for 2012: Tangerine Tango. It did not read well on my TV but it is close to the color I painted my kitchen in 1975. If you live long enough, you see everything again.
What I really liked about this show was seeing the playful relationship between Meg, her husband and Marc. Looks like they have lots of fun together.

Posts: 108 | Location: Northern California | Registered: Feb 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DeadMarilyn
posted Hide Post
Her design was awful last night. I am glad she did that mess to her own apartment and not a clients.

Posts: 198 | Registered: Aug 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love, Meg Caswell’s designs and her personality! She’s the best Design Star since David Bromstad (absolutely #1). Antonio is interesting and creative but his designs are too edgy for every day living.

Posts: 5 | Registered: Aug 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craftyrita
posted Hide Post
I think Meg Caswell is an extremely talented decorator. Very inventive, but something that most people would love. When is she coming back to HGTV?

Also, what happened to the winner of the 2012 contest? I thought she had potential.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: craftyrita,

Posts: 14 | Location: Bethlehem, PA | Registered: Feb 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post